cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick and Pack Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having a problem with releasing a certain sales order to a pick list. I have a sales order that has 18 lines. 17 of the 18 lines have plenty of stock in the warehouse to release. When I use the pick and pack manager and try to release the 17 lines I get the error message saying that "Release Quantity Exceeds Available Quantity". However, if I release the same 17 lines to 2 seperate pick lists it works just fine with no error. Has anyone ever seen something like this? Out of the thousands of orders we have in our system that have been released to pick lists, this is the first time I have ever seen this.

The version that I am having this problem in is 2007A SP00 PL41. The database was upgraded from 2005A SP01 PL22. The order in which this is happening is one that was entered in the 2005 version prior to upgrade. I am able to release the exact same order with no problem in the 2005 version.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Heath Gardner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heath Gardner,

It is a good idea to report this to SAP Support so that they aware of any possible system issues which is causing this.

Thank you for bringing this forward..it definitely helps..

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon and Suda,

Thank you for your replies. How do I go about reporting this issue to SAP support?

Regards,

Heath

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click on the link https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/support

go to Report a Product Error...go through the Message Wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i asked the same a few days ago. nobody have idea. so it really is a sap bug. there is a sap note about this behavior. it will be solved in the next patches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen!

Could you share with us the note number because this behaviour has occured in one of my client and I would like prove it them.Thank You!!!

Eszter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sry , yes of course. Here is the answer from SAP :

Symptom

You open the Pick and Pack manager (Inventory -> Pick and Pack).

You choose a certain selection criteria and you run it.

You select several records to release.

In some cases, an Error message might be prompted: "Released quantity

exceeds available quantity [Message 81-13]"

This issue might happen when the same item appears several times in the

list of items to release.

Solution

SAP plans to fix this issue in a patch for Release 2007 A. Please refer

to the info.txt file on SAP Service Marketplace to confirm that the fix

was included.

As a work around, you can try to avoid including the same item more

than once in the list of items to release.

//

Sollten Sie keine weiteren Fragen, die ich selbstverstaendlich gerne

beantworte, haben, so bitte ich um Bestaetigung der Meldung.

Mit freundlichem Gruss,

Gerhard Terpelle

Support Consultant

SAP Business One Product Support

The note ID is : 1251259

Gordon means :

I would recommend you using SBO_SP_TN to achieve this. There are lots of thread discuss the use of it. You can search this forum to find necessary info. If you still need more info, keep posting.

I really don't know which thread he means. I searched the forum, but did not find anything. So i hope the SAP note and post helps.

Regards, from cold rainy Germany

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heath,

Based on your detailed background information, this is probably caused by the differences between two versions. Log to SAP support is your best choice if no other response available from forum. This can help B1 development team as well as other users.

Thanks,

Gordon