cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast not being consumed by Dependent demand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

Through PPDS Hueristic run, there is a dependent demand generated for a component.

This component already has certain forecast. However the Dependent demand (Category:AY) is not consuming the Forecast (Category:FA)

Component has Requirement Strategy 20 with Consumpin mode 2 with 30 days in each direction.Where and how can I configure the setting in such a way that the forecast an be consumed by both Dependent demand as well as individual Sales order demand ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your category group K01( table /SAPAPO/APOCG ) include Category:AY in customization or in the requirement strategy( table /SAPAPO/V_STRAT) 20 map new z catgory group with BM and AY category included.

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Oct 3, 2008 7:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Thanks for the info.

I had checked the Requirement Strategy 20 and the default Category Group 'K01' assigned to it already has the categories "AY, BH,BM, EL" included in it.

Below are the details, I had observed, for this Requirement Strategy 20

PIR Segment: Net Segment

Assignment Mode : Assign customer requirements to planning without final assembly

Further the Product master has "Always Collective Requirement" option in the Demand tab.

Still the Forecast(FA) is not being consumed by Dependent demand (AY).

Is there any specific setting, where we can control the consumption parameters that Dep.Demand, Sales Order etc can consume forecast.

Is there some Product config or some other config which I might be missing ? Any thoughts ?

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

change PIR segement to: Planning without final assembly, without individual requirements.

Please close your other threads where you got the answers like OSS note correction.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

Changing the PIR segment, for the component requirement Strategy 20, to either Net Segment or Planning without Final Assembly or Planning without Final Assembly with individual requirements did NOT help in consuming the Forecast(FA) by Dependent Demand(AY).

Below are the Product Master Settings for more information

1.Parent Material - Req. Strategy 30, Possible indiv. cust. reqt check box checked , No Consumption mode

2. Component Material - Req. Startegy 20, Always coll. requirement check box checked, Consumption mode is 2 with 20 days in each direction

Other than Sales order, can any other specific configuration be made which governs the consumption of the forecast by any other category element such as AY etc ?????

Thanks

Edited by: COOL GUY on Oct 4, 2008 8:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any specific product Location setting that needs to be done so that the component demand consumes the forecast ??

I am just wondering if both the Component and Final product(Parent) exist as Finsihed products ?? I had checked the material settings and both Final product and the component are defined as finsihed products (FERT).

I am in a deadlock and am unable to move forward. couldnt think if there is something which I am missing.

Could you guys look into this and let me know any other thoughts or insights ???

Edited by: COOL GUY on Oct 5, 2008 8:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check assembly Planning Indicator in the Demand tab of the Location Product Master for compopenet.

and confirm.

Assembly Planning

Use

This indicator is relevant, if the product is an assembly. Dependent

requirements, stock transport requirements or order reservations can

appear for an assembly. For example, dependent requirements arise for

the assembly during planning of a finished product that the assembly

contains as a component. Set the indicator

o If you want the system to offset these requirements with the planned

independent requirements for the assembly

o If you want to check the availability of the product against the

forecast during the multilevel ATP check

Also check requirement strategy requirements :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/cb/7f9b7043b711d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This indicator is already turned on. I turned it off and on and still it didnt help me in resolving this issue.

any other dependencies that I need to check ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not too convinced with the component material defined as FERT instead of HALB. change the material definition and check. I guess system is unable to differenciate between the two materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

What IS the T-code for chnaging the material definition and how do I check whats the material definition in the material master tabs other than the display name which show material name followed by material definition in paranthesis.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

tocde MMAM can be used to change material type and details can be see in mm03 and by clicking on blue icon information on material.

But you can not change if there are any transaction data exist for the material.

I am not sure wheather changing material type will help .

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Oct 5, 2008 8:22 PM