cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Field Value for File Adapter Sender Wildcard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody, is there a way to use a wildcard for the property of NamA.keyFieldValue in the cc for a Fils Sender????, here's an example why, I need to take some Files via PI 7.0 and my key filed can change according to the file an example is that in a file can be HF28 and in another file can be HF29, the only character that is going to be constant is the H, I would really appreciate any suggestions, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio

File sender adapter will read the file using FCC

Key Field Value entry is mandatory if the key field name is set. Otherwise, the entry can be ignored

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/34/393071e9b998438ddb8ce97cd617a1/frameset.htm

Thanks

Gaurav Bhargava

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone, I requested a little program that inserts the | character so the keys would be as I need them, thanks to everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers I've tried your suggestions but it did not worked, I'm going to try to make the thir party coimpany to put the | delimiter after the H and D on every row, and this might work for me I'll let you know if you have any other suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Julio

Why dont you write a script to modify the file and put key fields. Even using Java proxy you can read such file

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'm goign to try both suggestions and I'll let you know soon, thanks for your answers I'll be in touch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your answers, now the problem is that I need to use a KeyValue cause the file contains Header and Detail Data, so I need something to differentiate the Headers an Details, now I can't actually ask a change to the file structure such as including a delimiter so it will be like H|23 cause I don't really have coperation from the 3rd party system, cause there's other applications that also use this files so there would be a lot of changes in different systems and applications, so I need to find a solution that involves only PI, I 'lle keep trying to find an option and I'll let you know, but thanks again for your answers.

Regard's

Julio Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio

As you said now you cant ask for change in file structure and even we cant use * in FCC then read the file as single field itself then use Java mapping or UDF to format it for target.

This can be a work around. Open a SAP note for this

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julio,

if i understood your problem correctly you can do one thing,

i am not sure, but give it a try...

if your file is a fixed length file, just give the length of the key filed as 1, so that it will pick H and then use another field to pick remaining part of the key value.

in mapping just use a string concat to send the complete field to target structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try your FCC without using key field... it should work..

Let us say there are 2 fields in header and 4 fields in detail..

Header.fieldNames = F1,F2

Header.fieldSeparator = ,

Header.endSeparator = 'nl'

Header.additionalLastFields = ignore

Details.fieldNames = F3,F4,F5,F5

Details.fieldSeparator = ,

Details.endSeparator = 'nl'

Details.additionalLastFields = ignore

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Recently came across such a scenario. We requested the sender application to produce a delimiter after the first character. Eg. H23 is now H|23 where we have the delimiter as |.

Other option would be to make use of scripts to introduce the delimter.

Once you have the delimiter just give the keyfield value as H.

Regards

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you can not use wildcard for keyFieldValue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no need to use Key field value at all in sender file content conversion.

Thanx

Aamir