cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of J2EE Adapter Engine with DB on different host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I don't know if this is the right thread, but hopefully it is.

I have got following assignment:

I have to install NW70 PI/XI J2EE Adapter Engine. The trouble is, that due to a CI and DB hosts politics it's necessary to have database on different host than the central instance is.

But unfortunatelly the "SAPINST" program and its choice of J2EE Adapter Engine installation doesn't offer the possibility to install the product (J2EE AE) as a distributed system. SAPINST simply installs J2EE AE on one host including database. I've not succeeded the find a work-around.

I got two ideas, but I would like to confirm them:

1) Instal full SAP Java AS as a distributed system. After proper installation and patching I would use a SDM tool and deploy all necessary components to get a J2EE Adapter Engine "like" system. The only problem is that I don't know exact difference between normal SAP Java AS and SAP J2EE Adapter Engine and I'm not sure where could I get all necessary .SAR files.

2) Make a installation of SAP J2EE Adapter Engine as SAPINST allows. After installation and pathing, shutdown the system and move database to desired host, change all settings and start SAP J2EE AE as a distributed system. Only thing I'm not sure about is, if the J2EE AE would run in such a landscape.

Could anyone help me to get out of this deadend ?

Thank you for your comments in advance. Rewards points granted.

Tomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

i am not sure whether SPINST doesnt provide the functionality of installation of Adapter Engine in distributed but i guess its there, but difference is very simple JAVA AS is a standalone java engine which doest need Abap Stack and Adapter Engine(PI/XI) so u need abap stack for backend configuration .

i will confirm you tomorrow about Distributed Installation of Adapter Engine(PI/XI).

thanks,

jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

thank you for your effort.

Maybe the question is more to Oracle forum part, because I don't think, that I would be able to do the installation as I described in point 1) (distributed JAVA AS and manuall deploying of AE components).

Probably the SAPINST is built up in this way, because in most cases it's needed to install J2EE AE on side of the other integrated system and there is one special machine dedicated to it.

If this is true and J2EE AE is really "normal JAVA AS" with some more functionality, I think the installation can be done as I described in point 2) - to install the J2EE AE locally, then shut it down and move the database to different host as required.

Anybody with different idea ?

Thank you

Regards

Tomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

just the information - after some more setup solution number 1 works.

Rgds

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I am in a position like you were where I need to deploy and configure the AE on a distributed system. Can you further explain what configuration/ setup tasks you performed? I have deployed XIAFCore, XIAF, and XITOOLS on an existing (distributed) NW 7.0 java system. I would really appreciate your help with details.

Thank-you

Jane Hammond