cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling SSO between Introscope Enterprise Manager and Solution Manager

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

I am following the information in the Wily 7.2 Install Guide.

Enable Single Sign On from Solution Manager
Starting with Introscope Enterprise Manager release 7.2.2 (SAP release 72_02), the
Enterprise Manager web server can accept single sign on tickets from Solution Manager
systems. To enable this feature, the certificates from the ABAP / Java stack of the Solution
Manager system must be copied to the directory sap/TrustedCerts in the Enterprise
Manager. Currently, no automated procedure is available to perform these steps. For
jump-in from Solution Manager Diagnostics, only the Java certificate must be exported.
Copy the Certificate from the Java Stack
1. Open the Visual Administrator
2. Navigate to Server uDBC0uDCC6 Services uDBC0uDCC6 Key storage
3. Choose TicketKeystore in the Views menu.
4. Choose the export button. Please choose the cert format.
Copy the Certificate from the ABAP Stack
1. Call transaction STRUST
2. Double click the u201COwn Certificateu201D in the System PSE part of the screen such that it
appears in the Certificate pane.
3. Click export to save the certificate as <hostname>.der.
Add the Certificates to the Enterprise Manager
Copy the exported certificates to the Enterprise Manager directory sap/TrustedCerts. No
restart is required. All authenticated users will be mapped to the Introscope user Admin.

I've exported the certificates from both the Java and ABAP side and placed them in the following directory

/usr/sap/ccms/wilyintroscope/sap/TrustedCerts

here is an ls of the directory above

[root@server /usr/sap/ccms/wilyintroscope/sap/TrustedCerts]# ls
server.der  sso_ticket.crt

but single sign on is still not working..

Anyone have any ideas of what I need to do so that users do not have to use the Admin:Admin89 login credentials?

Edited by: Rob Kresha on Oct 3, 2008 4:00 PM

Edited by: Rob Kresha on Oct 3, 2008 4:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

If I recall correctly in the SMD configuration (http://<host>:<port>/smd) There is an option to allowing the passing of credentials.. I enabled this and the problem went away. I believe this was on 7.0 SP16.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

where is the to allowing the passing of credentials ? in Visual admin ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As I remember:

when you installed the SMD on your SOLMAN server you should see via web the log in window of SMD by entering:

http://localhost:<port>/smd

Prerequisite: you started your SMD via program --> SMD

Now it should be possible to access with user Admin/Admin89

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is not that I can't login with Admin:Admin89 to the SMD. As that login and pass are only good for the Introscope Enterprise Manager. I am trying to set up SSO so that when you login to the SMD with your normal password you don't have to login again when you switch over to the Introscope Enterprise Manager page.