cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to a friend sends a blank message

Former Member
0 Kudos

My emailtoafriend template is blank in the admin interface. Is that normal? I ask because our messages get sent, but there is no body or content to the email when it's received. I'm wondering if some default value didn't get deleted out of there.

So, I thought I'd just create myself a new template. Well turns out, there are no bindable fields for the email to a friend template according to the documentation, so I don't know where to start.

Can someone tell me if that template is supposed to have something in it and if so, what that default info might be? If the template is supposed to be blank, then what could cause the message body to be blank when it gets emailed?

Thanks,

Matt

p.s. the filter system here is crazy, it took me 10 tries to compose this post, and it's not like I'm not following the submission guidelines as far as I can tell.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is strangely bleak, but I have <html> on mine and it seems to work ok.

This will take some looking into. no immediate answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should clarify - my emialtoafriend template does have <html> in the template, but that is all. So, if yours is the same, and yours works (right?) then maybe that's how it's supposed to be. Not sure why the message body would be blank, but the template doesn't give you much to go on...

Thanks for the reply,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

The messaging service is creating emails for orders and campaigns just fine, but fails on email to a friend?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to use the %%Message%% variable to get the message and Shopping Cart to show up in the email when emailing a saved list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gabe -

Thanks! This worked perfectly. %%Message%% does contain the contents of the wish list. Now I just need to dolly up my wish list template a little to make it look nice and we're set.

Thanks again,

Matt

Answers (0)