cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im kinda new with info records. When a reservation is created, how does the system know when the material is consigned? Must the enduser know the material is setup that way? We have a warehouse with 3 different balances on some of the material. I guess I need to know how this could happen because I know that 2 of the balances are consignment with 2 different vendor codes. Ultimately I dont understand the connection between material#, sourcelist, inforecord, and how one may change the other. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reservation and Info record has nothing to do with each other

The moment reservation is created the warehouse people know the delivery date from the reservation, so they will pull the material and issue agianst that reservation

now Info record is required to procure the material from vendor

so if the material is not inthe stock than system create the purchase reqs otherwise it will generate the reservaation.

once system generate the PRs based on the info record and source list system will assign the proper vendor from whom you are buying the material and purchasing dept will procure that material.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is No Connection Between Info Records and Reservations.

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Charlie is right, there is no connection between inforecord and reservation.

Inforecord links the materials with the vendors.

All the conditions and terms applicable in procurement of a particular material from a particular vendor in terms of price unit,net price,purchasing group,delivery time,delivery tolerances, etc will be stored in the info record.The info record will be updated every time the procurement happens between the vendor and purchasing org for that material.

Source list is nothing but the list of allowed and disallowed sources of supply for a particular material in a particular plant. Source list is used for purchasing optimization. IF the material should be purchased from a particular vendor for a particular period, we will maintain that vendor as fixed vendor for that material in the plant in the source list. Then if we try to do a PO for any other vendor in that period for that material, system throws a error message.

Likewise you can even block a vendor for a particular period of time by blocking him in the source list.

The main use of source list comes when you assign the vendor in the Purchase requisition itself. You have a tab in the detail screen 'assign source of supply, in a PR.

Hope this helps

Regards

Gregory Mathews