Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Info Record

Hi,

Im kinda new with info records. When a reservation is created, how does the system know when the material is consigned? Must the enduser know the material is setup that way? We have a warehouse with 3 different balances on some of the material. I guess I need to know how this could happen because I know that 2 of the balances are consignment with 2 different vendor codes. Ultimately I dont understand the connection between material#, sourcelist, inforecord, and how one may change the other. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

replied

The reservation and Info record has nothing to do with each other

The moment reservation is created the warehouse people know the delivery date from the reservation, so they will pull the material and issue agianst that reservation

now Info record is required to procure the material from vendor

so if the material is not inthe stock than system create the purchase reqs otherwise it will generate the reservaation.

once system generate the PRs based on the info record and source list system will assign the proper vendor from whom you are buying the material and purchasing dept will procure that material.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question