cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow down in add-on performance going from B1 2004 to B1 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a customer who has made the leap directly from 2004 to 2007 and their addon now takes 10 seconds to open B1 forms that used to pop up in a second. Their addon does have plenty of code that can run before the B1 form displays, but nothing in the addon has changed between the two B1 versions. They've stepped through their code in debug mode and it isn't taking any unexpected paths. They also switched from SQL 2000 to 2005. When the addon is turned off, the screens come right up.

Does anyone know any fundamental reasons that might exist in the client that could cause such a performance hit? They said there server has lots of extra capacity.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I've upgraded a number of client addons from earlier versions (including 2004) and I haven't noticed any particular slowdown or issues. I'm sure that some have code in the form load event (though probably not a significant amount). The only time I've seen very slow form opening is when the client switched from XP to Vista (an issue with the Aero theme but it affects the client and not just addons so doesn't fit your symptoms).

If they have the source code then perhaps they could put debug code in that writes the current time to the console at various stages in the process to try and identify which step is taking all the time.

Kind Regards,

Owen

Answers (0)