Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport a Deleted Table entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there a way of transporting deletions of table entries.

For example. I'm dealing with a table say such as T529U. So we already have value there for active, inactive, retiree, withdrawn. Say I wanted to delete retiree from the selection list.

I go to our DEV and make the deletion. I manually create a transport of the entire table and transport it to our QA system. When I do so, the table still remains the same. The only way the record would be changed would be if it was new or had the same key (thus overwriting). How do you remove and transport (so you don't have to do it in all instances).

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

A delete should be a change just like any other change and should be recorded on a change request. After releasing the change request you should be able to transport that delete to your QA and PRD systems as needed.

As a general rule I would not transport the complete table. There is too much risk that unintended changes get transported.

Are other changes to your table being recorded on a transport request?

If you have another environment(sandbox or project?) try the delete in that environment to convince yourself that it does(or does not )work.

Regards

Greg Kern

0 Kudos

When I make a deletion change to this table via SE16 a transport isn't automatically generated. I have to create one manually. When create my transport manually I typically will select only the changed segments to transport, but when it is a deletion there is no record to select, so I have tried taking all the table entries in hopes it overlays the entire table. But this doesn't seem to happen.

Is it a sequence of how to create the transport or something...sorry if I'm sounding dense...it's just a simple operation that is getting confusing, as most tables I maintain generate the transport as soon as you maintain them.

Any further advice?

0 Kudos

Try to create the same entries (which you have deleted) again. Save them in the Transport Request.

Now, delete thoes entries and save them in the same transport.

Release and import it in the other system.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new transport with deleted table entries again

0 Kudos

Do you mean before I remove any entries to create a transport?...please clarify if possible.

Thanks,