cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation- Business perspective

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SDN,

I am new to the world of consolidation. Can any one provide some direction about this topic . Any documents or links which explains this topic from business perspective and also BPC documentation to accomplish this.

I really appreciate all your efforts.

Full points will be assigned.

id: rakula <dot> bi <at> gmail <dot> com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My advice is to visit many location inside and outside of SAP's web-site for information. Consoldidation means several things to different people. I look at Consolidation in a couple of ways from a BPC application perspective;

- Legal Consolidation, as an applied process for organizing and closing financial statements which is supported by multiple SAP products. From a BPC perspective, it is about using the tool for this specific a purpose, such as for IFRS reporting standards.

- General Consolidation, primarily for Management reporting and based on "rolling-up" data in a format that is defined by olap hierarchical structures, such as by Product, Customer, Geography, Corporate Structures etc.

You might want to start in SDN at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/bpx-epm or in the BPX community. That is where I would start.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Petar,

I'm working on a BPC project and we are now dealing with the issue of how to manage or implement IFRS financial statements notes. Do you have some advice about this?

Our first option is to create templates on BPC for Excel but we are not sure about how to deal with versions of documents, templates and so on...

Thanks!