cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS 7.2 - Error with account assigned purchase order without material

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am creating an account assigned purchase order without any material master in the feeder system (ECC 5.0) and it a standard SAP functionality.

I am getting the following GTS related pop up message and documents are posted to technically incomplete documents in GTS 7.2.

"Legal Control: Custs Prod. Mast. Required

Material "

Any ideas on how get rid of this error message

Edited by: James Puzon on Oct 3, 2008 9:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member58030
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Please try to create a PO with (may be dummy) material master in the feeder system (ECC 5.0) and see if it still throws an error. Material Number is required in SAP GTS.

Thanks,

Prarit

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Even though material numbers are not mandatory on POs in the feeder system (ie in ECC) they ARE mandatory in SAP-GTS.

This means that every line item (PO, SO, delivery) that is sent to GTS for compliance screening or Customs processing MUST have a material number in the feeder system. You have a couple of options to resolve this:

1. Always use a material number on all transactions that you enter in your feeder system if they are exports or imports (ie relevant for GTS). You can create service materials or "dummy" materials in ECC for items such as user manuals, warranties or installation services that are part of a particular shipment.

2. You can add logic in the interface for GTS to always transfer a particular material number to GTS if the material number is blank on the line item of the feeder system document. Ideally you would want to link this custom logic to a custom maintenance table in ECC so that you can easily change the material number that is sent to GTS without having to change the code.

3. Override the error message by changing the message type to a warning or informational message (not recommended because this would require a small code modification because I don't think the message type is configurable for this error). Even if you did make this code change you would likely run into more issues in GTS because license determination and other GTS services need a material number to function properly.

Hope this helps.

Sascha