cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF-BATCH user in Purchase Requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I am developing a Purchase Requisition workflow and using a background method (BUS2105-Release) to release the requisition. My problem is when the item is changed/Released in background the User is getting filled as "WF-BATCH".

To fix the issue i am creating one more activity step after the Release method step in workflow and in that activity step using a custom method to update the values in CDHDR table by validating the exact record from CDPOS table(to avoid deadlock using Enque/Deque).

Can anyone suggest me, if there are any simple solutions or straight solutions to fix.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

You can fill the user in PR with agent in the workflow step.

1. Create your new task for changed/Released method and un-flag the background processing flag.

2. In workflow step (Agents field) fill the agent that you want.

(Be attention that in Task properties the icon background processing has a grey color).

Regards,

Ronit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Florin & Ronit.

I have made the changes to CDHDR table, but if any company need to have SOX compliance this may be a concern and can go with a custom table update.

Ronit, if we make it a foreground process it will wait in the user's inbox (SBWP) for processing and for my workflow we are approving the workitem from Outlook.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Closing the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

the release is done with the BAPI function

BAPI_REQUISITION_RELEASE_GEN

Some of these BAPI's do offer an import element, saying "USER", where you can overwrite the current user with another one's ID, to avoid having the background user as the last change of the object.

In this case, this option is not available, so to say, there's nothing that can be fixed.

The solution to set and overwrite the release step with another user id, is exactly to change the change documents. So you've already found what you were looking for.

Best wishes,

Florin