cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Tutor Player lience error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I downloaded SAP Tutor Player without any problem, but when running any demo I keep getting a lience error message "This tutorial cannot be run by this version of SAP Tutor. To run the tutorial you must licence SAP Tutor.". Can anyone tell me what my problem is?

Thank very much in advance,

Jin Freda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreamazzanti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I have window vista on my pc and the SAP Tutor 2.1 does not run with that OS.

Is there a patch or similar for Win Vista??

Thanks to all.

BR

Andrea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has just released a SAP tutor version 2.2, which is compatible with Vista, try downloading it from service.sap.com/saptutor.

all the best..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP Tutor 2.2 compatable for Vista still has issue reading *.sim files which are categorized under "nonearmarked_tutorials". Any suggestions how to resolve the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Personal Player exe (which is a free software) that you have

downloaded can play only the 'Earmarked' SIM files prepared by SAP. This

error comes when the sim file is not earmarked and you try to open it

via Personal Player.

You can download the SAP Tutor 'Full Installation' (which is a licensed

software for customers) from the following location:

Solution Manager customers can go to the site -

Service.sap.com\saptutor and then download the SAP Tutor (Full

Installation) with the heading SAP-Tutor for Solution Manager Customer.

The SAP Tutor 'Full Installation' will allow you to play any SIM file.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Warrent for your quick reply and help.

After getting into the site - Service.sap.com\saptutor, I can't download, but I got the info as below:

"If you are a SAP Solution Manager customer, you can now order the SAP Tutor software and access to SAP's best practices on end user online delta training via your Solution Manager". Could you please advise?

Thanks again, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To request the licensed SAP tutor thro' SolMan, do as follows

Run Xn SOLUTION_MANAGER or DSWP

Choose ' Go To' from the menu bar

Then choose ' Request SAP_Tutor'

This will open a new external browser window prompting you for your S-user id.

Once you are in u2013you will see the link for Ordering SAP tutor for SolMan

Click the link, fill in the order form and the tutor CD will be mailed to your organization

Please note that if your S-user id does not have the relevant authorization for ordering software for you organization, SAP will mail the CD addressed to the S-user on file having the necessary authorization. You can check with them.

Hope this helps.

-

Kathir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Kathir for your help. I will forward your advise to our solman admin and hopefully get it.

Thanks, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem as described above with a popup from the SAP Tutor Player saying "This tutorial cannot be run by this version of SAP Tutor. To run the tutorial you must license SAP Tutor".

The tutorials are from SAP but probably quite old (6-8 years). A person at SAP, who has the SAP Tutor Editor installed, has read the Tutorial into the Editor and saved it again under a new name in the hope that this would add the "Earmark" but it didn't help.

Any suggestions to what to do?

Kind regards

Joergen