cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

licence query for Crystal reports 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one help? I'm trying to work out the licensing for Crystal reports 2008 .NET. What we are planning to do is create a website were our clients can view jobs they have submitted to us and to be able to print or view a pdf that contains their results from that job. We were contemplating using crystal reports to generate the document to print but were wondering what licences we would need to acquire. From our interpretation we need one licence for each developer but were unsure about any others we would need.

Can anyone understand the licence document?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shweta has some good points there.

I want to touch on your comment regarding one licence for each developer. If you have multiple developers working on this project who each have their own dev system with Visual Studio you will need a copy of Crystal Reports Developer for each of those employees.

Our licenses are only freely distributable if you are trying to deploy your application to a server. The one case where this is not true is if you are selling a web application.

I suggest you talk to the sales staff to clarify your issue though. You can contact them by calling +1 866 681 3435.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this thread is a bit stale, but I just wanted to make sure my interpretation of the EULA is correct in that end-user licenses may be required for windows applications:

u201CServer Applicationu201D means an application developed by Licensee that

a) utilizes the Runtime Product,

b) allows more than one user to access the Runtime Product either directly or indirectly through any middle tier application(s), and

c) adds significant and primary functionality to the Runtime Product. A Client Application installed in a Windows terminal server environment (e.g. Citrix or Microsoft Remote Desktop Platform) is a Server Application.

So

Our licenses are only freely distributable if you are trying to deploy your application to a server.

isn't entirely correct, is it?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pauline,

With web applications the CR .NET SDK is freely distributable .We can install the CR .NET SDK on as many web servers as it is without additional licensing costs. Our licensing doesnu2019t consider where the .rpt files are stored.

If you are selling this web application that uses the CR .NET SDK then your clients would be required to purchase a copy of Crystal Reports Developer edition.

With Windows applications CR .NET SDK is freely distributable in .NET Windows applications u2013 even when the application is sold to a third party.

For more info regarding license :

[http://www.businessobjects.com/product/catalog/crystalreports/licensing.asp] Or [https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/licensekey]

Hope that helps!!

Regards,

Shweta