cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR invoice and Sales order # to be the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is an email from one of our customers, and we cannot confirm if it is possible. Can someone help?

We require the AR Invoice # to be the same as the Sales Order Invoice #, so that the Account Statement shows information (the original Sales Order #) that the client understands. If the Account Statement were a little more flexible, we might be able to get around this issue, but it is hard to change the SAP account statement.

Currently we manually copy the S/O # over from Every Sales Order as we copy the S/O to A/R. This is inefficient & should not be necessary.

Plus, we want to automatically copy one of the dates over from the S/O. Surely other businesses want to copy over a S/O date to the AR Invoice (for instance, to fill in the Document Date field of the AR invoice - ie. the document date of the S/O).

The Bug in SAP is that you can not AUTOMATICALLY retrieve the SO# (using a Formatted Search) BEFORE saving the AR Invoice.

This whole issue also applies to copying over POs to A/P Invoices.

(AFTER saving the AR Invoice on the database, my formatted search CAN pick up the original SO#, but by then it is too late, because the AR Invc # has to be Specified BEFORE saving the AR Invc)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having the Invoice document number same as the Sales Order number is not recommended. It is possible but even one mistake mis-post can throw the numbering out of sync and it will be a big mess. This is surely not recommended.

Copying the date from the Sales Order date through a formatted search might be possible....but the user has to manually press Shift+F2 after highlighting one of the rows..

The reason being the link between the Sales Oder and the Invoice is at the Invoice rows. This is mainly because mutiple Sales Orders can be copied to one invoice.

There is one more catch...If the Sales Order date is in the previous month then to post the Invoice the Period has to be changed to the previous month before it can be added.

In SBO 2007 it will not be a issue as multiple periods can be Open at the same time

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suda:

I am the customer who Jill was originally trying to help. Here I am searching all over for a way to solve my problem and I found your previous response to her, which I was unaware of.

We simply want the Client Account Statement to show the (original) Sales Order Invoice # & Date to the client, so they can reconcile their account from the Sales Order sheets they signed when picking up their order.

In our situation we are willing to accept a 1-to-1 correspondence between A/R Invoice & Sales Order.

Hitting Shift-F2 seems easier, faster and more accurate then trying to copy information over manually from the Sales Order to the AR Invoice.

We dont mind switching the Posting Period to the Previous Month because we ship sales orders manually via a batch process, so we will do all the ones for the previous month at once.

We do not worry about the invoice #s getting out of synch because we are setting the AR Invoice # using the Manual (series) to be the same as the Sales Order #. We are willing to Re-Synchronize when necessary. (the Primary AR Invoice # series uses an entirely different set of numbers)

We shall be most grateful if you can continue to advise on our dilemma.

Thank you,

Abhijit Emery,

Montreal - Canada.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Emery,

I hope you don't mind interfering with your query.

For your manual numbering where Invoice number = based SalesOrder number AND

Providing you wil keep a 1-2-1 relation between the 2 sales documents:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Emery,

I hope you don't mind if I am interfering in your issue.

Regarding the manual Invoice number to be equal to the original based Sales order Number AND

providing that you only work in a 1-2-1 relation between the two sales document:

Settings:

Create the following query: SELECT $[$38.44]

Link that query to the invoice number field, refreshed automatically on 'series, Displayed Saved-User defined values

Process:

The user opens a new sales invoice

The user choose the Business Partner

The user choose u2018copy from a sales orderu2019

The user change the series from u2018primaryu2019 to u2018manualu2019 -> this trigger the query

Regarding the invoice posting date = based sales order posting date:

Settings:

Create the following query: SELECT CONVERT(CHAR,T0.DocDate,103) FROM ORDR T0 WHERE T0.DocNum = $[$8.0.0]

Link that query to the invoice posting date field, refreshed on u2018Seriesu2019, Displayed Saved-User defined values

Process:

When the user change the series to manual, the based sales orderu2019s posting date will automatically overwrite the invoice posting date.

This solution does not cater for an invoice created directly (Not based on Sales Order). But you have here a basic idea on how to solve your issue, thus easily can improve the solution.

Tested on 2007A PL42.

Regards,

Frederic Bada

Pretoria, South Africa