cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta not triggered in Deliveries ODS for change in billing status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

There is this strange problem we just saw in our SD ODS (extractor 2lis_12_vcitm). For a particular delivery, in R/3 it has changed its billing status (custom field) on Sept 9th 2008. However, for that delivery in our ODS, we have documents only Upto Oct 8th 2008.

We checked, that the process chains were running fine during that time. What may be the causes for a delta not being generated in this case- any ideas?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you solve this issue on delivery status not being captured in delivery delta when billing occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Missy,

Hi Missy,

I'm sturck with the same issue, updating Billing status (FKSTA) into Delivery Document DSO (fed from Extractor 2LIS_12_VCITM). Can you please let me know what is the solution you have implemented to fix this.

I understand its a pretty old message, but please try to recollect and help me since I'm completly struck with no options.

Thank You,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI Analyst,

I'm sturck with the same issue, updating Billing status (FKSTA) into Delivery Document DSO (fed from Extractor 2LIS_12_VCITM). Can you please let me know what is the solution you have implemented to fix this.

I understand its a pretty old message, but please try to recollect and help me since I'm completly struck with no options.

Thank You,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extraction from Logistics is always triggered from the application itself based on the fields that were defined in the extractor. With custom fields or fields that are filled in a user exit it often happens that a change in these fields does not trigger the extractor. There was an excellent blog series by Roberto Negro on this topic. Check it out. But unfortunately there is no easy solution about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

I checked with R3 process and the change in billing status is triggered automatically (i think after the item is picked up i.e picking status chjanges ). So it is not manually chnaged in the system. So that means the deltas should be queued.

Also this happened for certain documents only for some, delta's are coming in fine.

I also replicated the scenario once agin in D17 and it is working fine.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have said its a custom defined field...then you should see the code for this and check if the code covers all the scenarios for the changes in these filed for all kinds of documents.

I think there is a part of code which is working only for particular document tyoes or billing types.

You can derive a pattern and zero on the documents which are not having any effect and then see the code.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, the user has just changed the statusand now we want to see if this transaction is recorded int he LBWE queqe and then pushed into the delta queue. We want to see this b4 the next process chain run

Can I see the contents of delta queue in r/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Okay, starting all over again regarding this issue...we figured out what is causing this problem but cannot figure out the solution.

The problem: Deliveries in BI do not always show correct Billing status.

Billing status is populated from VBUP-FKSTA into a custom field in the 2lis_12_vcitm extractor using CMOD.

FKSTA is a standard field in the deliveries document. Before the Billing document is invoiced, the FKSTA field is 'A' and after the Billing Document is Invoiced, It changes to 'C'.

But this change obviously does not trigger a delta. Whenever a delivery is created, that transaction triggers the delta, and brings or just reads the initial value of the billing status which is obviously A and then leaves it like that forever - never changes to C even after the billing document has been issued.

Now, our deliveries process chains run every 4 hrs. Say 1st run is at 8:00 and 2nd at 12:00 and so on.

Say if a user created a delivery at 10:00 and invoiced it within the next 2 hrs, then the billing status obviously has already changed in the delivery document as well as the VBUP table. So this time, it gets the correct Billing Status which is C. However, say if he creates a delivery at 7:00 and invoices at 9:00 or even some other day, the billing status that has gone along with the transaction of creating the delivery is A.

I have two Options:

1.) To find if there is a way to flag a custom master data field for delta? this way a delta would be triggered whenever the FKSTA field in the deliver doc changes.

2.) When the delta is triggered due to Billing document is issued, can I have it trigger some change in Delivery document that will trigger a delta? This I think would need the R3 guys to scratch their head and not mine

Please give your inputs on any of the above two solution as to if and how it can be implemented. Also if there is any other solution that can be applied in BI fell free to suggest

Thanks

Edited by: BI Quest on Oct 30, 2008 4:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check your primary key in the ODS ? If the billing status is part of the primary key, the update will create a new entry instead of updating the old one.

If the billing status is not part of the primary key, check if there is a change in one of the fields of the primary key in addtion to the billing status.

Just my 2 cent.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Edited by: Jürgen Kirsch on Oct 6, 2008 1:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen

The field 'Billing Status' is not a key field. Also there is no change in any of the fields of the primary key ( which is made of just the delivery document and Item) in addition to billing status