cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see structure in Expression Editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I want to set an condition für the receiver aggrement.

I have an IDOC for the output structure.

In Weblog

the is a structure shown in the expression editor

on page 6.

Under which conditions is the structure shown?

Thanks a lot.

Regards Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

You'll be able to see the XPath expression editor if you have used the correct abstract interface in the integration process which you mention as your receiver in the receiver determination.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

I do not have an abstract interface. Also I don't set up a integration process in the repository.

I am not sure, if the MUST be?

I have just an interface determination which belongs to an IDOC structure. So why does the expression editor NOT show the IDOC-Structure?

Thanks, Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

In a case where you dont have a BPM/abstract interface also when you specify your receiver business system in your receiver determination and click on the condition,then in the pop up which you get after selecting the condition select the left hand operand and you'll be able to see the expression editor where the IDoc structure will be visible in your condition editor based on the sender service & IDoc type for which you are configuring your receiver determination.

Hope this is clear.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually when u have a receiver determination u can conditionally determine the receiver only on the basis of Sender Interface. So in ordinary circumstances your IDOC is the output Interface,so it will not be displayed in the condition editor.This is because XI performs mapping only after drtermining the Receiver and Interface. so it is not possible. But in the Blog that u have referred, there is a Receiver Determination from BPM to another file service and in that BPM he sends the output structure...

So BPM is the sender and output structure(Output Interface <IDOCstructure in ur case>)is the sender Interface.. Hence the output structure is visible.

so u must also use BPM if u want to go on parallel lines..

Regards,

Sudharshan.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I hope by now your doubts might have got cleared.

Well in the weblog, I had to do a mapping wherein I check the source message and on some rules of validation i set a flag in my output structure.

Now say I dont use the BPM (a dummy BPM with just a receive and send step),then while using the condition editor I will get only the source structure. But it is of no use to me as my flag field is set in the target and I need to route my message based on that field. So in order to get that field i use the BPM. There would be two receiver determination,

1. From sender to BPM &

2. BPM to receiver

and it is in the 2nd receiver determination that i check the field (since here the sender will be the BPM and i see the target structure in the condition editor).

Hope this clears your doubt(and rather not confuse you more )

Regards,

Shabarish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario -

You may not have associated the correct Product (associated with the SWC that contains your source structure) to the sender business system in the SLD. Please go through this link:

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here in this scenario he is trying to check the sum of all the amounts in the datarecords with the given amount value coming in sum field.the flag is set to 0 if the sum is equal or set to 1.this condition is checked in the receiver determination and the messge is routed accordingly.

Regards

Venkat