cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Java custom functions in CR XI or CR 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am rewriting a custom application from using CR 9 using C custom function to CR XI using Java custom functions. I can't seem to find complete documentation of setting up Java custom function for CR XI, so I pieced together what I found in several places. Unfortunately, I am not able to see the custom function in CR 12. Here are the directions I followed. Can anyone please tell me where I went astray? To try to view the custom functions in CR 12, I opened up an old report file from CR 9 that is one I am trying to convert to CD XI.

Thanks,

Howard

1) I created our custom functions and put them in the attached McKesson_UFL.jar file. The library path in the jar file is com.mckesson.lab.crystalreports.functions.McKessonUFLLibrary. This jar file was built with eclipse using Java 6.0 using CrystalFormulas.jar, CrystalReportingCommon.jar in the CLASSPATH

2) I put this jar file in the folder C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib\external

3) I put the CRConfig.xml in the folder C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java. It contains the tag

<ExternalFunctionLibraryClassNames>

<classname>com.mckesson.lab.crystalreports.functions.McKessonUFLLibrary</classname>

</ExternalFunctionLibraryClassNames>

4) On my Windows XP computer I set CLASS_PATH to include C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib;C:\etaimg7\HLAB\lib;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib and I set JAVA_HOME to be c:\Program Files\Business Objects\JavaSDK\

5) With regedit, I set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports JREPath=C:\Program Files\Business Objects\javasdk\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

6) Then, within Crystal Reports, I set Java UFLu2019s only as below:

7) I think thatu2019s all I need to do, but when I load an old report, and bring up the u201CFormula Workshopu201D, I select a u201CFormula Fieldsu201D from the left panel and expand u201CFunctionsu201D in the third panel, there is nothing under the u201CAdditional Functionsu201D, where I expect to see my UFL library functions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you also specify your UFL in the variable Path of the System variables of the Environment Variables of your machine?

0 Kudos

Hi Howard,

I believe you are an OEM Partner of ours. Please log a case on line in Service Market Place and and dedicated Engineer will work through this with you. If you do not have access check within your company who can manage accounts and they can add you to the list of Contacts so you can create a new case.

Thank you and have a great day

Don