Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding a field in Infotype 0002

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to hide a field in Infotype 0002 for some users. I know we can hide an entire infotype through standard HR objects. How do I hide only a field within an infotype? Is this something that a developer needs to do through screen modification or something that can be achieved through Security roles and authorizations?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about subtypes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this and let us know if it works.

T-code PM01 - Type in the InfoType. Select Screen->Edit (Enter the Screen Number if you know). Select 'Element List' and click Change. In the 'Dispaly attr' tab check Column 'Invisible'.

Gp.

0 Kudos

hi gopi,

this will result in the field not being visible for all users. I think the TS' requirement is that it should not be visible for only certain users.

this can be achieved through infotype screen control (table T558M) in combination with user parameters. in this case, users belonging to a specific usergroup (UGR parameter) can see certain fields within specified infotypes whereas others can't.

good luck!

0 Kudos

Yes..the requirement is that only some not be able to view the field..I checked the subtype option..it does not help in this case..I guess i will work with the functional guys and ABAPer to check if it is possible through screen modification and control it based on country parameter..

Thanks for the responses.