cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Localization Suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our product support many languages and till now we used several RPT, one for each language and for every change in the report we need to go al over the other reports as well.

I tought about something else and I need your opnion if it is possible from the RPT side:

1) I will send key & values for the localized strings as a parameter to the RPT.

2) There will be a customized function in the RPT that receive Key as an argument, search this key in the parameter and return the localized string back.

The huge question is how can I call to that custom function from the columns headers for instance without the need to create formula to every column header or other Static string.

Many formulas (something like 40-50 in each report) reduce performance and I would like to avoid that.

Is there a way to do that ? does anyone used different approch ?

Best Regards,

Roei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all, but I managed to create a solution.

I created a custom function that retrive the localized word for me and I am also using a formula that call the custom function with the current value that I placed in the display string.

So I need just one formula and all the reports can be localized.

Best Regards,

Roei

0 Kudos

Hello Roei.

For every column you can create a custom formula such as:

If CurrentLocale = "en_US" then "Column Heading in English" ELSE

If CurrentLocale = "fr_FR" then "Column Heading in French" ELSE

Then use this custom function for every column you want to show the heading. Based on the CurrentLocale correct heading will come up.

Thanks

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd go with a slight variation on that. Set up a function that uses the locale like he said, but have it return a number. Build all of your column headers as formulas with arrays.

So if your function return 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, 3 for French, 4 for Japanese, the array for a field header would look like:

["Name","Nombre","Nom","Namae"]

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay that should look like

square bracket quote Name quote comma quote

etc.

These formatting things are ridiculous.