cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving data out of an ODS

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm playing with ODS for the first time. I've created the ODS and the update rules. Now I have data loaded and activated in the ODS. I want to move that data to the next ODS level. What steps do I take to move this data from one ODS to another. (I've got valid activated update rules defined betweent the two ODS objects.)

thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris, for an ODS, you don't have to do Generate Export Data Souce. Its automatically done by BW. Just look for the infosource starting with 8(ODS NAME) in infosources, data marts.

If you don't see them, go to Main menu and somehwere there, you wil find a radio button for Display Generated ODS Objects (look around in the main menu).

All you need to do to create an infopackage and start loading (becasue you said the update rules between the two ODSs are alredy done).

Uday-Ram Chamarthy

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

ok, That makes sense why I could create the update rules, the data source already exisited even though I didn't know.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right click on the ODS and create an export datasource. Then refresh RSA1 so you can see the new infosource .... 8<ODS NAME>. Create update rules on the new ODS against that infosource (it's called a datamart infosource). Then create your infopackage and load.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have created the export datasource and have the update rules, you can create an infopackage and then schedult it to push data into the other ODS.

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

So I can't move data directly between ODS objects without the export data source even though I can create updated rules directly between them? If I have four levels of ODS objects, I have to create export data sources on each of these and schedule infopackages?