cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History Load Challenges from 3.x to 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We recently did upgrade from 3.x to 7.0 for one of our area we need to bring history data say 100 million records to 7.0 as part of the history.

Please advise me what are the chanllenges I could face during this load.Or if some one has document that would be great help as well.

Thanks = Points

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your biggest problem during loading will most likely be tablespace issues. Make sure the basis team has added enough tablespace or changes it to "extend automatically".

Another thing will be data volume. You may want to break this up into smaller chunks (rather than 1 100M record load). The reason for this is that if you load 99M records and the 99M+1 record has a special character, you will unhappily be forced to reload. Sorry, but I would recommend 3 - 5M load sizes. If you load too much data, the system will be much slower and the loads take a lot longer, so a small fast load would be better than a large, extremely slow load. It's not a 1:1 thing where 3M records takes an hour and 9M should take 3 hours....more like 9M may take 20hrs instead.

I think I covered the special characters above .... make sure they are covered/understood what might come in.

Also, if try to bring in data in understandable chunks if possible. Like, by fiscal year/period or fiscal year or company code. That way, if you need to load a specific period, you don't need to reload the entire dataset.

Good Luck,

Brian

Answers (0)