cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any event will fire on tabkey.

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

I wanto set focus when user navigates from one ui element to another ui element using 'tabkey' from the keyboard.

i get to know we can use

view->request_focus_on_view_elem( lv_v_elem ).

this can be code in modifyview.

but when i use 'tabkey' modifyview doesn't get trigger then how shall i handle.

one more thing is i am also using interactive forms, after user fills the last field in the interactive form(can be 2,3 pages) then he press tab the control should go to wd ui element( eg: save or some other ui element on the screen).

please let me know.

Thanks,

Mahesh.Gattu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you can use this interface to deal with focus: if_wd_view_controller

coding:

lo_view_contr->request_focus( EXPORTING context_element = lo_element

attribute = 'MATNR' ).

You can write this piece of code in WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

But there must be some event triggered when you use tabkey.May be it can be achieved using event handling.

Cheers,

Bharath

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Yah, using request _focus we can set the focus but before that i have to know in which event when/where i should call this..

like as mentioned if we can trace out which event will be used to trigger the 'TABKEY' then it will be great.

Thanks,

mahesh.gattu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no Web Dynpro event fired when the user presses the tab key. You could imagine that would lead to quite poor performance if an HTTP Request/Response had to occur for each tab key.

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,Thomas you are right i can understand this.

But my requirement is like i am having an interactive form element on my view with other UI elements of webdynpro like input fields and buttons.

i need to set focus of the cursor to one of the ui elements on view (Button etc ) when user enter the last field of the interactive pdf form.

please guide how shalli acheive this.

user is looking for friendly Navigation instead of Mouse.

yes i came to know from your threads like if we can have the Netweaver 7.0 wiht Ehp1 we can have hotkeys.

if is there any alternate way please guide me.

one more thing i have already posted reagrding BRF implementations (Business Rule Frame Work).

we have given one RFP from sap to implement the BRF, i don't have much idean on it how should i call the BRF object from webdynpro request you to put more light on it.

i hope we can create BRF objects using BRF transaction code.

Thanks,

Mahesh.Gattu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>if is there any alternate way please guide me.

There is no alternative for you. There is not framework support for an event on Tab (even in EnhP1). You need a server event in order to set the focus. You would need to have an inputfield and the user press enter (and have the onEnter event registered) or have a button or linkToAction with event to trigger the server event to set the focus. It is true in Enhp1 you could tie a keyboard combination to a button event to trigger the focus. That is the closest you can get.

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your information.

I will try to use these server side events like onEnter and LinktoAction.

Regards,

Mahesh.Gattu