cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA (Macro) code in the workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a new workbook which has got 15 tabs (25 worksheets) in it. Each tab is a query and you know a workbook can contain many BW queries inserted into it. Since it is a big workbook, it takes some time to execute individual queries contained in each tab. As and when a query in the workbook executes, the BEx forces to get workbook screen infront of whatever screen you have. For example, if I have executed this report in the morning and if it takes 4 hours to execute this report, then I will start working on other tasks. While I am working on other tasks, my work will be hampered whenever the BEx screen appears in between.

I have to write a VBA (Macro) code in this workbook and control the forcing of BEx screen to appear till all the tabs (queries) in this workbook are executed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What release of BW? If 3.5 or higher, you could schedule it with Information Broadcasting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's going to ask you for variables that have not been entered yet. Try creating a dummy query with useless data that contains all of your variables. Then make it the first query in the workbook, that way, when it gets executed, you can enter your variables all at once.

It shouldn't pop up anymore.

Also, 240Min/15 Queries = 16min/query which is quite a long time on average. I would work to increase the performance of these queries

Brian