cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to process an invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am unable to process this invoice due to an error accrued u201CYou cannot post to 73230002 using WBS elementu201D

do you know why?

Please advice

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think for the wbs account key the g/l account has not assigned go to obyc and assign wbs to g/l account. hope this will solve u r problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to FS00 and enter the account number you see here, i think this account is not set up for this

so take help of FI guy and they will so the needful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution.

It is because of a FI validation that takes place when Accounts payable tries to post the invoice # 801230969.

In this validation, it checks the GL Account 73230002 (picked from the PO Account Assignment) in the Cost Element group ZPROJETS22 u2013 if it exists there then it checks the first character of the WBS Element. For GL Account 73230002 the first character of the WBS Element should be u201CDu201D u2013 if the condition is not satisfied then it throws up an error message.

In this case the account assignment category in the PO # 4300146309 is u201CKu201D (cost centre) so the validation did not find any WBS element in the FI Posting and hence this error message was triggered.

In the given case, the GL Account mentioned in the PO Account Assignment is wrong u2013 this GL Account is only to be used when the Account Assignment Category is u201CPu201D.

In order to solve this, we need to change the PO to put the correct G/L account and then refresh the hold invoice and post it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with ur FI consultant for the GL account postings.

regards

suresh