cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a cell data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me with this.

Customer wants to highlight and copy a cell data manually. Is this a limitation of the Crystal Report? I don't see any options like right click, high light a cell etc. in the report? Or there is some property to set? Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny

You can't highlight any cell data in Preview panel, because it is a generated report and can't make any modifications. (i.e. you can only read the data)

In Design Panel you can copy the cell contents and past using CtrlC / CtrlV.

Hope this will answer your query.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sastry, that is the whole issue!.. The ability to copy a cell data. You are telling that there is no way to copy a cell data (hightlight and copy?) in the previewer?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. Benny.. that is not possible to select in preview panel.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like a limitation of the viewer!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. you are right this is the limitation in Crystal Reports.

Thanks,

Sastry

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

If you right click on any cell you will be seen "Highlighting Expert..." option once you click on this you will be getting a screen called Highlighting Expert. In this screen you may choose

1.What to highlight based on what condition.

2.Font Style

3. Font Color

4. Background

5. Border

In the sample you would be seen the sample for the items you chosen above, if it is ok you can click on ok. Thats it.

Hope this helps you,

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

When we right click on any cell, the whole field will get selected. We can copy it (the field completely) and paste it however we can not select individual cell value.

Workaround could be to export the report to Word, Excel or PDF format and then copy the individual cell value.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Aditya Joshi