Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Configure message takes too long

I've recently installed CR XI Rel 2 on my company's workstation. I've registered the product, and got a code.

Whenever I create a new report, using VS 2005, or start CR, it displays a message "Please wait while Windows configures Crystal Reports XI Release 2"

It takes 5-10 minutes every time. This is a ridiculously long time to start a report.

Does anyone know why this occurs?

Thanks.

replied

Hi Tony

To resolve this issue just Help -> uncheck the option "Check for Updates on Start Up".

If you are not able to able to open crystal report then you can do above by making change in the registry.Would request you to take back up of registry and the make changes

The Update Service can be disabled by a registry setting at the following subkey:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\DisableCheckForUpdates

The DisableCheckForUpdates entry has a default string value of empty string (""). Setting this value to "1" disables the Update Service.

Disabling the Update Service:

u2022 Removes the 'Check for Updates...' command from the 'Help' menu and Start Page.

u2022 Removes the 'Check for Updates on Start Up' option under the 'Help' menu.

u2022 Disables any automatic update processes previously configured (such as the 'Check for Updates on Start Up' option being selected).

====================

NOTE:

The Update Service can also be disabled during the Crystal Reports XI install. Select the 'Disable Web Update Service' check box on the 'Web Update Service Option' box.

Regards

Asha

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question