cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Oredr Release process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one quarry is there any option of releasing the Sales Order.

like in the PO (Purchase Order) we create in ME21N and for realize we have the t-code ME29N.

The requirement is the end user's will create the SO, but for the better control there should be one person who have the authorization to realise the SO.

Kidly let us know the sme.

Regards,

Murali.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also use delivery block at sales document level so that every sale order is blocked for delivery. With another user ID delivery block can be removed so that further processing can be done. Release (i.e. removing delivery block) authorization can be controlled using standard authorizations and no ABAP is involved.

Irrespective of whether you use delivery block, status profile etc release procedures as available in PO sceanrio, i.e. upto a particular limit one level of release, above a particular limit higher level of release etc., cannot be achieved for SD through configuration.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murali,

One way of achieving this is by using Status Profiles. This can be configured by using the Path IMG>Sales and Distribution>Sales>Sales Documents>Define and Assign Status Profile. The T-Code is BS02

In your case, you can create a a Status Profile and have two statuses HOLD and APRD. For HOLD you can define that a delivery/billing can not be created. For APRD, you can assign a Custom Auth Code.

So when you create a sales order, the object status will be HOLD. So you can not create a delivery or Invoice it. You can see this in a sales order using the path goto->header-->status. You will find an Object Status button.

Ask your Security team to add the Auth Code to the people who have approval rights. Only they can change the status to APRD and only then can anyone deliver.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can use user status profile in sales order.

To be released by only authorised personnel need to take help of Basis guys.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a reason why you have a release process for purchase seperately and not for sales. Purchase is an inward movement and you would like to control how the purchases are made.

In terms of sales orders, generally you will get that via a customer that is known to you. As indicated, you may want to use credit management, but using that for every sales order that requires release irrespective of value would bog down your operations.

Is this a valid business scenario ? If so, it would be of interest to the forum to know why every sales order requires a release.

Regards

Rohit Zalani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii

there is text code VKM3,put the block credit block ,and give the authorization to higher level persons so he/she will relese the so.