cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DME payment file to be exported automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We currently generate a payment medium in the form of a text file in different formats according to the payment method. This file is created when the last step of the payment run is carried out, and then the relevant person goes to DME administration FDTA and exports the file to a folder in the network. This file is afterwards imported into the bank system.

The problem we have is from the point of view of security and auditing since the file can be edited once exported and before being imported into the bank system.

For that, we are trying to automate the export of the payment medium. I have tried using the "file name" in the output control but although the log tells me that the output was transferred successfully, this is not happenning. However if I go again to FDTA and export the file (the system tells me that this was already exported although I can not find the file in the specified folder), then this is exported correctly (to the same specified location)

Can anyone tell me what we may be doing wrong? Also, does anyone know of a way of making the output file non-editable?

Or any other possible solutions to this issue?

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assumed that you are using payment mediums created using DMEE when I suggested OBPM4 above. Hope that is correct. Once the variant is set up, the print log in F110 will show you the transfer of file to your folder.

In our company we have restricted write access to this folder only to people in AP who actually do the payment run. A few others may have view access only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your response Shekhar

We do use OBPM4 for some of the payment mediums. And for others we use the old programs but we also use variants. My issue is that when I enter the location of the folder where we put the file in the variant the system issue a successful log but the file does not actually gets transferred. I have no clue why.

For example I run the print output in the payment run with one of the variants from OBPM4 and everything seems fine. I then go to FDTA and the file is there and shows up as it has been exported already. But the file is then not in the location. If I then go an export it manually from FDTA into the same location, then it is exported sucessfully. Do you have an idea of what the reason could be?

However I have one more question. You say that only few people in AP have write access to that folder in your company. It happens the same at ours, only the AP people that execute the payment run can have write access to it. But how do you prevent this people to go and edit the bank details in the file once it has been created by SAP and before the file is imported into the bank system?

thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

If you use DMEE (payment medium workbench) then in the variant, which you define in OBPM4 and assign it to a specific house bank and account ID, you specify the file name and path.

e.g./usr/sap/interfaces/R3Q/out/common/CGS_OUT_TAXACH

Here /usr/sap/interfaces/R3Q/out/common is the SAP server path and CGS_OUT_TAXCH is the file name.

When you run print program, the files gets created and stored in the SAP service as per the above path. SAP also adds a 4 digit numeral to the file name after the name and the file will be CGS_OUT_TAXACH0163. The four digit number is incremented every time a new file is created, something similar to our FI document number. The reason for this is to prevent the old file being overwritten by a new file.

After the file is created you can access the file using T-code AL11. In this screen : SAP Directories, you can then drill down to the path. So first you will see /usr/sap/interfaces. Double click on this. Then you will see R3Q (which is the SAP system). Like this keep double clicking on R3Q, then Out and then Common and you will find the file created.

In order to prevent people from changing/editing this file, nobody (except the administrator) gets access to this directory. There will be a batch job (whichis even driven and it will be kicked off as soon as this file is saved in this directory) which will pick up this file, encrypt this using PGP encryption program and send this file to the bank using FTP program. So nobody ever handles the file manully.

When the bank receives the file they can decrypt the file (based on the keys or passwords given by you) and then they can read the file and process.

We can also ask the bank to send a confirmation. This confirmation will contain total no. of wires in the file and the amount. Once we get the confirmation we can check the total with the number of wires sent by us and the total. All this - the process of encryption, FTP to bank, receiving confirmation and checking the confirmation sent by bank within SAP - requires custom program. SAP also has a standard product called Bank Communication system which is a add on product with a separate licence fee etc.

Hope the process is clear. By this process you can ensure that no user manually handles the fie manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego - Here I have just corrected the spelling mistake in the above posting:

If you use DMEE (payment medium workbench) then in the variant, which you define in OBPM4 and assign it to a specific house bank and account ID, you specify the file name and path.

e.g./usr/sap/interfaces/R3Q/out/common/CGS_OUT_TAXACH

Here '/usr/sap/interfaces/R3Q/out/common' is the path to the SAP server and CGS_OUT_TAXCH is the file name. The path is case sensitive and typically you use lowe case letters.

When you run print program, the files get created and stored in the SAP server as per the above path. SAP also adds a 4 digit number to the file name and the file will be CGS_OUT_TAXACH0163. The four digit number is incremented every time a new file is created, something similar to our FI document number, to prevent the old file being overwritten by a new file.

After the file is created you can access the file using T-code AL11. In this screen " SAP Directories", you can then drill down to the final destination where the file is stored. So first you will see '/usr/sap/interfaces' (which will be at the bottom of this AL11 scree). Double click on this. Then you will see R3Q (which is the SAP system in this case Quality. In Production it will probably R3P). Like this keep double clicking on each sub directory 'R3Q', then 'Out' and then 'Common' and you will find the file which was created by your print program.

In order to prevent people from changing/editing this file, nobody (except the administrator) gets access to this directory. There will be a batch job (which is event driven and it will be kicked off as soon as this file is saved in this directory) which will pick up this file, encrypt it using PGP encryption program and send this file to the bank using FTP program. So nobody ever handles the file manully.

When the bank receives the file they can decrypt the file (based on the keys or passwords given by you) and then they can read the file and process.

We can also ask the bank to send a confirmation. This confirmation will contain total no. of wires in the file and the amount. Once we get the confirmation we can cross check the total with the number of wires sent by us and the total amount. All this - the process of encryption, FTP to bank, receiving confirmation and checking the confirmation sent by bank within SAP - requires custom program. SAP also has a standard product called Bank Communication which is a

add-on product with a separate licence fee etc.

Hope the process is clear. By this process you can ensure that no user ever handles the fie manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kalyan

Thanks for your detailed explanation. It seems then that the file can only be created automatically in the SAP server then, and not in a folder in our network outside the SAP server as I was trying to do.

Our problem is that the file is not sent to the bank but imported manually into the bank system by us, so I reckon we need to create a program that FTPs the file from the payment run into the folder where it can be picked up later on.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

When you run print program, the files gets created and stored in the SAP service as per the above path. SAP also adds a 4 digit numeral to the file name after the name and the file will be CGS_OUT_TAXACH0163. The four digit number is incremented every time a new file is created, something similar to our FI document number. The reason for this is to prevent the old file being overwritten by a new file..

When using the old payment format, like RFFONL_I, SAP only adds a 2 digit suffix to the filename. However, this number does not increment every time a new file is created. Files will be overwritten in every run and this is not what we want.

Do you know how to overcome this issue, besides upgrading to PMW?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a Unix platform, you can use the SAMBA software (the system team tells me that it is delivered with UNIX). With this software, the same file may be viewed by Unix programs as unix file and by PC's like network files. So SAP can create the payment files on the application server and they can be uploaded by the PC-based bank software.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should not move the file manually to a file folder on the server. This can be done by using a variant. Use OBPM4 to create the variant and specify the folder location.