cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Excel: The system cannot connect to the server. There might be network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I get the following error when i try to connect to BPC Excel: The system cannot connect to the server. There might be network or security issue.

This only happen on clients machines, I have installed the client tools on the server and tested, i can connect to Excel but not on the machine. My MS office version is the same as the one on the server. BPC is ver 5.04

Has anyone experienced the same problem.

your help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Parthis
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you get any solution for this. We are also facing the same issue. Ours is BPC NW 7.5 SP3.

PatrickFavre
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are several SAP notes speaking about the same problem.

You can have a look at them (1373387, 1101205).

I hope it will help you.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure the user BPC_ADMIN has these profiles added:

S_BI-WHM_RFC

S_BI-WX_RFC

S_BW_RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gert,

In stead of trying to connect to the server name in the connection wizard, can you try to logon using the IP-adres of the server?

Regards,

Kristoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to ping the server from client machine?

Try this instead of server name in the connection wizard key in the ip address.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda,

I can ping it fine and to let you know i can log in to the BPC administrator ok. The problem is BPC excel.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gert,

1) Are you using domain id/ windows id to login to BPC? Or its a BPC user id?

2) Did you used the same userid to login to server and then to client machine?

3) Was your client installation sucessful? Check client diagnosis for Admin client and Office client.

4) Do you have admin rights on your client machine?

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lokesh

a) I am using a BPC user (local user on the server)

b) I am using the same user on the client as in the server

c) My client install was successful, my diagnosis passes fine

d) I have admin rights on both server and client, but the bpc user does not have admin rights on my local machine.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gert,

If users are able to login to BPC admin and not BPC Excel, it will be mostly security related issue. Check if member access profiles are properly defined for the users.

Kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if you read my previous note, I can log on fine into Excel when i am on the server but not on the client machine... This is not a security profile issue, it might be that the user is not properly authenticated when it gets to the database but i am not too sure how check this, can you advise..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please add your company domain to BPC server.

Best Regards

Anil Kaalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am not sure if i understand your suggestion, could please explain how i would go about adding my domain to the BPC server?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me summarize your issue to see if I may help. If I cannot, then you will need to work with SAP Support on the connection problem.

- You have a single or multi-server setup?

- Installed using BPC 5.1 SP3, (or 5.0.502) correct?

- You can enter the BPC on the server, both via BPC Excel and BPC Admin?

- When you initiate BPC Admin on your client, so can connect to the Server and perform Admin operations?

- When you initiate BPC for Excel, and walk through the connection wizard, you cannot connect to the server?

- When you are in the Connection Wizard, are you using a path or a Server designation?

- Is the system on a single domain?

- When you added users to the Admin Security profile, they were selected from a DOMAIN?

- You have processed security and assigned ALL TASKS currently and processed the MEMBER ACCESS profiles, yes?

After all of this, have you uninstalled 1 BPC client, cleared the ProgramFiles/BPC folder, and deleted the local stored BPC information? If you haven't, just for simplification, I would attempt this process.

You also hae read all the SAP Support Notes regarding using Excel2007 with BPC and the issues you may experience?

Please let me know and maybe we can help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petar,

I have a single server environment

BPC 5.05

I can successfully enter Excel and Admin on the server

On the client, i can connect on admin but not excel

In connection wizard, i am using a server designation

we have a single domain, though we are using local server users

The users were selected from "Server" as "Domain"

I am using the same user as on the server, so i would imagine security/access profile shouldn't be an issue

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gert,

I think you are using a domain user id to login to your local machine. Then you use your BPC user id to login to BPC client.

If the above scenario is true, then create a local user id on your local machine. Give full admin rights to this user id. Now, login to the local machine using this id. Then login to BPC client using BPC user id. BPC for excel will surely work.

Or, install BPC using the domain id on the server. The domain ID should have full admin rights. Use this domain id to login to BPC. Dont use local BPC user id.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula