Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Mail to Proxy scenario with attachment. AF channel error.

Hi,

We are running SAP PI 7.1. I am experiencing the following problem in a Sender Mail adapter.(POP3).Mail to Proxy Scenario.

I have configured a sender mail adapter channel as POP3. This channel is configured to use the Mail Package and to Keep attachments. When I send a mail with an attachment to the mailbox that is being monitored by this channel, then the channel collects it from the mailbox.

In channel monitoring it indicates that the message was successfully delivered. However when I click on the message ID the view the audit Log it gives an error: u201CTransmitting the message to endpoint http://HOSTNAME:8101/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error transmitting the message over HTTP. Reason: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server.u201D The message never arrives at the integration sever to be view in sxmb_moni.

Also when I sent a message without an attachment the message does go through. Or if I send a message with a text attachment the the message goes through, but not the attachment.

Any help would be most welcome.

Regards

Willie Hugo

replied

This was a bug (additional attachments were not getting copied in certain circumstances) and is now fixed and available as a patch in the service market place for SP5, SP6, 7.1.1

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question