cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Record (Pa03) ... can i abandon it?!?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, we're implementing SAP HCM, in an Human Resources Allocation company (mainly dealing with temporary workers).

This means that we're dealing with a great number of master data records introduced on the system every day, as long as a great number of payroll processing , done every day and not just one time a month, as in the traditional HR company).

Since the company has 12 phisical locations and only one Payroll Area, we're having a great difficulty on coordinating all this master data records introduction, because of the "status" of the control records.

So, my question is: can i prevent at least the schema, from validating the control record?!?

Since this is something i always thought that would never be needeed , i'm kinda of at the dark, on this!

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Hugo Ferreira

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if i deactivate it in the schema, what are the consequences, in termos of:

- Master data maintenance?

- Payroll Processing?

- FI integration?

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pay roll processing here u dont get any updates of for which month pay roll has been run or wht the status of pay roll

and in master data maintanece u cannot know whehter the user is correcting the data or not like that

same will applicable for the fi integration as per the pay roll processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the answer if you run payroll is: Do NOT deactivate. The control record is - as name indicates - the very heart of controlling what goes on in payroll - when to do retro etc.

former_member214675
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

In the sunschema of xin0 .In the 7 line of xin0 there is option for check abr (Check againt the control record).Put * on the "D'" so it will deactivate it.

Regards,

Prince Elvis

Edited by: PRINCE ELVIS VINOLTON on Oct 3, 2008 3:17 PM

ajimenez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

The CHECK ABR mentioned above is the technical answer.

But functionally, in my experience, you must propose to the organization to create 12 payroll areas, one for each phisicall location. This move may reduce your payroll and master data lock problems.