Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Tool InfoSet: Record processing code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I've inserted some code into an SQ02 infoset that detects a duplicate record.

Once it's detected I want the record to be skipped so that a unique list appears on the output.

Normal "Continue" and "Exit" commands don't seem to handle the problem.

How can I do that inside the InfoSet?

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had the same problem.

To overcome this, I took one dummy fields as the output. In this processing node, I set "X" in the dummy fields where there is a second record with the same key.

In the query, I set the ALV layout Variant with filter on this dummy field like show only records with Space. I hide this column and saved the variant.

To run the query, I make a default variant and set it to run the query everytime with that default selectionscreen variant.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Thanks Naimesh

Obviously, you had the same problem I do

Unfortunately, my boss wants the ALV output grid to just come up with the right data.

He says the data is supposed to be the response to a CRM request sent by an RFC function module. I'm not fluent with CRM, so I'm at a disadvantage as to how that works.

I offered to provide a table for them in the "end-of-selection" area. That was easy to do. But, they rejected that ... arrrgh.

I'll keep trying. But, I'm still stumped for now.

0 Kudos

Hello again Naimesh,

I came up with a psuedo solution I thought I'd tell you about.

When I hit my record processing point, I clear all of the fields that would be saved with the EXTRACT command of the query.

When the query comes out, it has a lot of blank lines in it. But, none the less, the records are unique.

Now, we have to get management to accept it