cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENTl: UNABLE TO PRINT IN SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we're not able to print in SAP, it might be related to a user id authinication problem, lately we've changed the sapprd_00 service password, is that same user id used in SAP?

what else might it be?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of a printer are you trying to print from?

Is it a frontend printer - if so please check that you have a printer configured in SAP with the correct access method you can do this in SPAD. As mentioned rightly in the post above from Debasis.

Is it a local/remote printer - check that the printer is consistent in SPAD. Also check that the host spooler and in case of a remote printer the remote spooler can be reached.

Lastly in case of being a printer specific problems, try to pause and then restart the printer queues for windowds or try to do a disable/enable in UNIX.

You can check the printer queues for a local/remote printer using commands lsvirpt or lpstat in AIX.

Hope this helps.

- Regards, Dibya

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samer,

is the printer correctly configured? for printing from GUI, you need to have frontend printing configured.

are other users also facing the same problem or only one user?

This has nothing to do with sapprd_00 password.

Thanks,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

actually i've been working on this for straight twenty hours with SAP now, it lookos like changing the SAPServicePRD password have created few problems, i've had to take down the service and restart it under the new server and making sure i have no authinication problems during the process of connecting the disp+work to the database. I'm still having few issues where the instance goes down intermentilly, still working on it