Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 16 Problem - Device type unsuitable for ADS documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I want to display the Preview of Form16 (standard form : pc00_m40_f16)...it is not showing output....

It Gives an Message - Device type unsuitable for ADS documents...

After that i created a Z Copy of this Form16, it is also give the same message...

Plz tell, what is the problem in it..

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the Printer which you are using is not suitable and configured in ADS. choose another printer/Device when viewing or printing.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the Printer which you are using is not suitable and configured in ADS. choose another printer/Device when viewing or printing.

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply...

But i want to confirm you that before upgradation from 4.7 to ECC 6.0, we use the same Printer (LOCL)..

After it, it is giving the same message...

Note: - I read in 1 thread about the PDF1 Device Type (for ecc 6.0), so i change according it...but not showing after it..

Now what can i do...

Plz. help

0 Kudos

>But i want to confirm you that before upgradation from 4.7 to >ECC 6.0, we use the same Printer (LOCL)..

in 4.7 there is no Adobeforms , so you might be using smartform or script.

But in this case it is Adobeform, the printer needs to be configured. It can be PDF1 or anything. check with your basis and choose the printer name accordingly.

what happened after you choose the PDF1..?

0 Kudos

Hi,

After choose PDF1, there is not any type of message in it...but preview also not showing after all...

Plz help dear...

0 Kudos

Check the programs FP_TEST_00 or FP_TEST_01. First of all is ADS configured check once.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Both programs giving an error Call contained error(s): ADS (2).. and how can i check ADS configuration??????

Plz tell me..

0 Kudos

you have to check the configuration guide

there are some simple checks follow the document.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/37/504b8cbc2848a494facfdc09a359b1/frameset.htm