Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SAP NetWeaver 2004] Can't logon in Visual Administrator

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi community,

I can't login in Visual Administrator with SAP NetWeaver 2004 - Trial Version on Linux (NW4)

I try to logon using J2EE_ADMIN/ADMIN as login/password but when I try to connect it remains in connecting state.

In the logs I can see the following error:

Caller J2EE_ADMIN not authorized, only role administrators is allowed to access JMX

User J2EE_ADMIN on SU01 transaction seems correctly configured, and has the role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

Where do I go wrong?

Thanks, Valerio

PS I know this release is old and not supported but it's not so resource-demanding as the 2004s version

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

I think you dont have correct password maintained in the secure store. please try this.

1. check if j2ee_admin is locked or not in SU01.

2. if you know j2ee_admin's correct password

- go to configtool, by running /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/configtool/configtool.sh

- in the secure store maintain the password of j2ee_admin in the field "admin/password/<SID>"

- set and this will ask you to restart java cluster.

- restart the java cluster by going through SMICM tcode in ABAP side. SMICM > Adminstration > J2ee cluster global > send hard shutdown > with restart.

Hope this helps.

Debasis.

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your answers, unfortunately none of them solved my problem.

For the moment I have followed Note 669848 - Unlocking the Administrator User on the J2EE Engine/AS Java

This note explain how to create an "emergency user" to logon in visual administrator, now I will try to fix the problems related to J2EE_ADMIN user

Regards,

Valerio

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

As you've one ABAP+Java Addin system, The emergency user is generally not important as

you can always create a user in the ABAP and give it Java administration rights.

If J2EE_ADMIN is locked (which you can see in SU01 in ABAP), then unlock from there only. no need to activate the emergency user.

Thanks,

Debasis.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all check whether J2EE_ADMIN is not locked in R3 if it is locked then log on to the corresponding AS ABAP system and unlock the administrator user (default user ID: J2EE_ADMIN) using the user maintenance transaction SU01.

also check following note as reference

Note 948970 - Caller J2EE_GUEST not authorized, only role administrators

regards,

kaushal