cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Kit development (Editors)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to create our own extension kit for VC environment. We have defined our own specific classes which extend Scenario and Service. We are trying to create property editors for each of these objects like below

var editor = $ENV.defineEditor({

});

We are able to successfully create editors for all the classes. All the property editors are visible at the same time in the configuration task panel. We are not able to figure out how to display the property editor for one specific class at a time based on the opbject selected on the storyboard.

Can someone please guide us regarding this? If you need more information we can provide source samples.

Regards,

Christopher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define a function which controls the visibility in the editor definition.

[code]var editor = $ENV.defineEditor(;

});[/code]

Refer to "EDITOR_DEF" structure in Kit Editors documentation. Place a [code]debugger;[/code] in this funtion, to know the exact contents of <i>data, definition</i>

Cheers,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

Thanks for the reply and it did help us understand how we control the visibility of the Editors. But to do this I think we need to define our own *Usage classes.

I have also posted a question in this forum onhow to use this classes. The question was

"<b>Can someone please help us understand what are the *Usage objects in VC kits (core.gml:ScenarioUsage, etc....). How and where to use them?</b>"

Answers (0)