cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh queries in workbook not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an Excel workbook with 12 sheets, every sheet contains 1 single query, with VB macro's the first sheet collects data from the queries and adjusts the formatting.

I gave ALL queries the same variables so the input screen should only be filled in once. Also all properties settings of the queries are the same.Now i run into the following issue.

When i refresh the queries, all queries are refreshed and filtered on the entered variables except for 1. This 1 querie is refreshed, but without filters, it contains all data. I tried to remove the query and insert it again. After this the 1 query is correct but the issue appears for another query.

Does anyone have an idea?

Many thanks,

Cerillo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cerillo

I had the same problem and used the same "solution" (a workaround).

A few days ago I found SAP Note 1027809 ... and with the new SAPBEX.xla it works again as it has to.

Regards

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same trouble, I have a workbook with 4 queries. I have VBA in order to control the variables values. When run the Workbook only refresh the first graphic, the others 3 graphis hold the same graphic event thought it does not have values in the table of the others queries.

Could you help me, because I saw the properties of the workbook and this properties are Ok.

Best Regards ... Carlos Lacruz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Still I do not know what goes wrong. In my case I found out that it was always the last query I inserted in the workbook that did not refreshed. As a workaround (and momentarily my final solution) I inputted an additional query and made sure this one does not refresh correctly. With a VB macro I put this sheet on 'verry hidden' so it cannot be made visible.

This works for me, hopefully this also does the trick for you.

Kind regards,

Cerillo Smeets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the replies but this does not solve my issue.

First I have created a macro that runs the standard SAP refresh macro and I do not want to refresh when opening the workbook.

Refreshing is ok for all my queries except for 1. If i remove the query from the workbook and attached it again, there is another query that is not working.

In the mean time i created a workaround. I created an additional sheet with a query and made sure that query goes wrong (as this means my 'real'queries are ok), next with a macro i hide this sheet always.

Any other ideas are welcome, where on BW 3.5

Thanks,

Cerillo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use Refresh workbook on open option from workbook settings.

Or

use a macro with refresh on change function.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

select - Bex Design toolbox-- WORKBOOK SETTINGS

Then in General Tab- Select the 1st option-

REFRESH WORKBOOK ON OPEN.

if u can select ths options.

save and hit okey

run the work book again.

u will get what u need.