cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an organization structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning;

If we are not using Service Desk, is there any benefit to creating an organization structure in Solution Manager?

If so, would someone be so kind to point me in the direcction of documentation.

Regards

Don

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I need to re state the question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Don,

NO it is not....

If you are using service desk/SLA CHARMS scenario then you require the same

But if you just want to create implementation project and use it for blueprinting then not.

Please assign pts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day;

I guess I should explain, I have been trying to determine how I am able to define u201CMy Groups, My Departmentu201D These 2 areas are selectable under the transaction (program SAPLCRM_10_MANAG_UI) u201CCRMD_ORDERu201D.

My thought was, I needed to build the org structure to be able to define these

Regards

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The org structure becomes useful when one uses automatic team determination in service desk. When a Service desk has many teams (e.g. FI, BC, SD, MM...). When a message arrives rules (TCD PFAC) are used to determine which team should be assign to a message. Usually the rules is based on the SAP component. This help speed up the processing time a message. But, if you are not using service desk. I see no need for it.

I have not seen any good documentation on this. There is the old 3.1 additional information document from http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager Then Media Library --> Technical Papers and the document name is "Service Desk: Additional Information"

It is helpful if one is a CRM functional consultant. If you are looking for good general documentation on solution manager, it does not yet exist. Currently one must go through the IMG (SPRO), SAP help (which is very general), this forum (helpful but usually too brief for beginners), There are SAP Press books, but I also found they have big gaps in most areas. The SAP Press books do state they do not replace the installation or implantation guide. Hence one ends up jumping from documentation to IMG to forum. It is a slow a painful process.

Regards,

Avrohom Weissman