Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F1 documentation for a Parameter Transaction

glittle_tjc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a Parameter Transaction in a customer namespace and need to create F1 documentation for it. Is it possible?

(Created in SE93 and linked to SM30).

I can't find anything in the menus, online help or this forum.

The transaction is part of an Area Menu and ideally I would like to provide some F1 help there.

Thanks

Graham

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can write Documentation for the program you assign to the transaction code u have created.

You can write the documentation in se38 itself.

I am not sure If we can write documentation for the tcode itself.

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Little,

Try this click on the field of the table for which you want to create the F1 documentation.

Then opens the Performance Assistance in that window from left fifth button is EDIT DOCUMENTATION. Click that and press enter then you go to Modification name give that and Enter then opens another window in which menu GOTO change editor and ADD the documentation that you want.

Any queries revert me bck.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers!!

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your responses, for the transactions you describe I've already created the docu, what I need is to create it for a Parameter Transaction showing a View.

For example:

The area menu has 2 different transaction types in it - the first type is assigned to a program and there I have already created the documentation which the user can access via F1 directly in the menu.

The second type goes straight to a View where the user can enter data - here I have documentation for the individual fields of the View but cannot create it for the transaction code in the main menu.

What I need is a way to directly create F1 help for the transaction itself (or to know that it isn't possible).

Thanks

Graham

0 Kudos

Hi Little.

I am not getting exactly what's your requirement is like.

Point me straight i will try to dig the solution.

Cheers!!

0 Kudos

Hi

I looked in SE61 but there is no drop down menu item for Transaction.

Balu:

I have an Area Menu for example:

TR1

TR2

TR3

......etc

Transaction TR1 is linked to a report so I created docu for this and now the user can position the cursor on TR1 in the menu, press F1 and see a popup with the documentation.

Transaction TR2 was created as a parameter transaction linked to a View via SE30 (selected as a dialog transaction). The user can start TR2 and gets a View where they can enter data and use F1 for the individual fields. Up to here everything works OK.

What is missing is to allow the user to select TR2 and use F1 to see some documentation whilst still in the menu.

Since TR2 isn't linked to a report or data element I can't find a way to create docu for it.

Thanks

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about i help i.e Application help ...

We can create and maintain documentation in SE61.

Thanx.