cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-level BOM transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to transfer a multi-level BOM to various Network activities in a project.

After doing CN33 successfully, when I see the Project structure in CJ20N, only the 1st Level Item is shown in structure.

I tried to explode the same by selecting the BOM item in structure and then EDIT>Component> Explode BOM. but the 'Explode BOM' is not active.

Kindly help.

Thanks in advance:

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot gentleman for extending your support.

Regards,

VDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Explosion of the BOM in CJ20N is possible when u assigne manually the BOM in CJ20N as component there itself.AS u assigne the BOm u have to select the activity and u can see BOM explosion can be done in Edit-componenet.

Secondly In CN33 select ur Project and got to Enviornment >> Selection parameters >> Select Multilevel option there and trnasfer the BOM

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did select "multilevel" while doing CN33, but still the problem persists.

In the structure, I can see the second level BOM, but where can i see the requirement ( PR/reservations) for these items of this BOM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After selecting the componenet in the dtailed screen at right side in the general tab u can see the reseravtion number.

after running MRP thru MD51 u can see the PR/Planned order in MRP depeneding on the procurement type u selecte d for the component

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for ur responses.

Now I am able to see the dependent requirements for my BOM header component.

I would like to describe here what I am doing.

1. I have created a BOM (semifinished product) with 2 items ( raw mat.) ( item cat.-non-stock).

2. I have attched the BOM as a material component to one of the network act. as a stock item. System generates a reservation for the same.

3. Then I run MD02, with header mat in mat.field & MRP control param. in the sequence 1,3,1,1.Once I enter, on next screen, there are some statistics showing no. of materials planned, no. of planned order generated and no. of PReq generated.

4. For one of my BOM items system generates a Preq. while planned order for the other one.

So, I need ur guidance, how wud the purchasing cycle will proceed ahead in this case.

Thanks

VDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,.

In MD02 you r going to run MRP itemwise rather in MD51 for all materials u assigned to WBS u can generate requirements.

In MD02 double click on purcreq u will get a sub window double clicking on Pur Order tab u can generate PO and if u doubleclick on planned order the Popup window will hv options for prodn order,Purchase order depend on procurement indicators u mentioned in Materila master.

Rgds

Close the thread if satisfied with answer.

Edited by: Shrikrishna Rasam on Oct 6, 2008 3:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The activity should be released for the purchasing cycle to start.

KAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to all....

In extention to my previous querry, can anybody guide how i can combine the requirements of all the common component items planned for the project and create a collective PO.

Regards,

VDS

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you select multi level when doing CN33?