cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find table for structure field ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

i need your expert help on this.

i am working on printing of terms of payment description. here there are explanation fields. it is coming from structure R052. and field name is TXT 02. here as per my understanding structure is coming from multiple tables so how i can find that from which table this field is coming??

thanks

h shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

let me tell you the basic diffrence between table and structure

Table : stores value.

structure : doesnot store value. it is just a skeleton for the table.

to identify any field in structure from which table it is picking.

go to se84 tcode choose ABAP DICTIONARY->CHOOSE FIELDS->CHOOSE STRUCTURE FIELDS---> PUT YOUR FIELD NAMES -->EXECUTE

you will get all the tables from which structure is made of.

raheem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot

it's very useful

h shah

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T052 Terms of Payment

TE052T Terms of Payment

TE052 Terms of Payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks a lot

i couldn't find field txt02 in these tables. structure is r052.. so please guide me

thanks

hardik

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot

i tried this link still i am not able to find so please guide me

thanks

hardik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Well I cant say this is the solution for your issue, but have a look.

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Find_data_in_your_SAP_system_and_know_which_tables_do_what

DD02L - table properties

DD02T - table texts

DD03L - field properties

DD03T - field texts

How to find data related to a structure? With GREAT difficulty, but here are some ways (which will NOT work sometimes) to find specific fields if you know the structure's fieldname.

1) First, goto SE11, and enter your structure name. Goto the field that holds your data, and double-click on the element name. Once inside the element, do a where-used list for that element, searching tables only. Then go into each table, and see if you can find the one holding your data. There may sometimes be a huge number of tables displayed, but a lot of them will be empty.

2) Get the name of the program behind your transaction, goto SE80, and enter the program name. 99% of the time it will be part of a module-pool and bring up the pool. Goto the dictionary structures, and search each table there for the one holding your data.

3) Open a new session with transaction ST05, select SQL Trace, click on the Trace On button, and go back to your transaction (while leaving the session with ST05 open). Submit your transaction, and go back to the ST05 session. Click on the Trace Off button, then select the List Trace button. Continue with standard selections, and a BASIC TRACE LIST will appear. search thru the tables displayed under ObjectName.

and have a look at below.

You do know any transaction in which (related) data is used: 1) start the transaction 2) position the cursor on the field you want to have info about 3) press F1, then F9 4) now you see the technical information of the data element, such as table name and field name. 5) if the table mentioned is what you're looking for, you're done. It is also possible that the data element is in a structure and not in a table. Now you can either analyze the structure via trx SE11, or you can double click on the 'data element' field. In the next screen, use the 'Where used' button to find the tables in which this data element is used.

Additional tip: if you have found the table name, you can use trx SE36 to see the relationships of this table to other tables. You can use these relationships when defining queries, designing custom ABAP programs, etc. If you're lucky, one or more standard SAP logical database exist which contain the table you found in the previous steps. Proceed as follows: 1) start trx SE36 2) use the search help for the logical database name 3) enter the name of the table in the search help 4) press enter and, if you're lucky, you'll see a list of logical databases. Select one, press enter, select the radio button 'Structure' and press the view button. Now you'll see how this table is related to other tables.

And finally, I prefer, the simpliest way to contact the ABAP consultant for help.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot

very useful info

h shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check Table LFB1-Filed ZTERM PAYMENT TERMS

Goto menu option ---select where to use --and find your table

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot..

i tried a lot but i am not able to find a table for field TXT02 and structure R052. so please guide me in detail.

thanks

h shah