cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indention in Hirerchical Data Grouing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created one report with Hierarchical grouping ..In Hierarchical Grouping option. i set a indent of 1 cm.. Now In detail section there are two field. but i want to indent only first field and not to second. I just want to display second field on report's right side.. Just like this

Level1               Title
    1                   ABC
        2               DEF
            3           HIJ
   4                    JKM
      5                 JKL

How to Do this???

Edited by: try abc on Oct 3, 2008 12:50 PM

Edited by: try abc on Oct 3, 2008 12:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- you keep the hierarchy grouping in place but set the indention to 0

- you then go to the group header from your hierarchical group, right click, Size and position

- open the formula and you can now use the 2 formulas to influence the X-position : hierarchylevel and the hierarchylevel takes a grouplevel as input (sorry don#t have CR in front of me right now)

you then receive as a result the hierarchy level and can multiply it with example 150 (pixels)

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> - you then go to the group header from your hierarchical group, right click, Size and position

>

> Ingo

I am using Crystal report 8 and I don't find any Property of Group Header with name Size or Position.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend you moving up to CR2008 with BusinessObjects XIr3.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also think so...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I'm working on the same issue and have the same indention problem.

But I fail to put in a correct formular for "size and position".

Can you give me an example?

(maybe now you have CR infront of you)

Regards,

Sebastian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create 2 Detail sections and do a conditional print suppression on them.

One section will only print for the the first item in the group:

= Previous(Groupfield}) The other section prints for subsequent items: <> Previous()

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> You can create 2 Detail sections and do a conditional print suppression on them.

>

> One section will only print for the the first item in the group:

> = Previous(Groupfield}) > > The other section prints for subsequent items: > <> Previous()

I create two Detail Section D1 and D2, then put the Group Filed (Level) on First D1 section and Other Field(Title ) On Second D2 section.

Add the above condition , but it does not display anything in second detail section