cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequiste SAP SEM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Not very sure this is the right forum for this question. Our Management is looking to recruit SAP SEM professionals to expand their SAP client range. I have to make a report. But since I am not familiar with the SEM module, I had a few queries...

Our Management is willing to train the existing employees as well so that they can take up the role. What I want to know...

What kind of background is best for an SAP SEM consultant...provided we are willing to send him for training in SAP SEM?

What are the topics the candidate should be familiar with?

Regards,

Jack Silverz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jack,

The forums have a searching functionality. Try to use it.

For example, just a simple searching for 'SAP SEM' gives almost 300 hits.

Some of them:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

As I have mentioned, Its not SAP SEM that I am interested in, Its the prerequisite to that, that I wanted to know. For e.g. ppl having exp in Inventory do find topics on SAP MM easier to relate to coz of their exp. What I wanted to know was, what kind of ppl with what exp would be fit or would find learning SAP SEM easier?

Regards,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack,

SAP SEM consist of several applications, requiring the different skills and experience. Which one you are interested in?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is good if the person has financial accounting background and SAP functional FICO knowledge. As SEM functionalities are integrated with BI it would be nice to have BI knowledge.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As SEM is primarily financial, it is best to have people with a good financial background trained to use SEM. It is also very helpful if these persons also have some IT technical understanding.

For SEM-BCS it is important that the user know and understand consolidations accounting.

For SEM-BPS it is important that the user know and understand business financial planning objectives, techniques and concepts.