cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Mail Adapter problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having problems to get my sender mail adapter running.

I configured it with the following parameters:

<i>Transport protocol: POP3

Message Protocol: XIALL

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

URL: pop://server

username + pw

poll intervall: 1 Min.</i>

The adapter is active and if I look into the adapter monitoring everything seems to be fine (green light).

But the adapter doesn't poll the messages from the mail account and I cannot see any activity in the message monitoring.

If I try the same configuration with Thunderbird everthing works fine. Also my receiving mail adapter works without any problems for the same account.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be or how I could find out what my mail adapter is doing?

Thanks,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, hi Andreas,

have you solved you problem? Could you please describe how you did it.

I have the same situation and I haven't any ideas how can I manage it.

I checked all parameters and compared they with documentation. Everything seems to be ok.

I didn't see any messages in the message monitoring, but in the chanel monitoring I found follows:

exception caught during processing mail message; java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

I tried the same configuration with email client and it worked. I tried change POP on IMAP with URL imap://server/folder. It didn't work also.

Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am afraid I am facing exactly the same problem..has anybody found a solution already?

Every help is welcome, I am starting to get a little desperite here...:-)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Maybe this is a dumb question...

-the url you have given is pop://server...how is the appropriate inbox known to the Mail adapter...don't the url needs to a bit more elaborate as to check which inbox to go & check ??

Also there is a check box "Generate Fetch Report" in mail adapter comm. channel ..pls activate this also to get a report on the poll procedure...

I have not worked on the Sender mail adapter...this is just something which came to my mind...

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

I think the url should be right. I was looking at the HowTo guide for the mail adapter and also my ReceiverMailAdapter works with a similar setting. I think with the imap protocol you have to specify also the inbox/folders you want to use, with pop3 it should work like this.

Unfortunately I don't see this check box for the fetch report. Maybe this comes with a later SP?

Thanks,

Andreas

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Which Mail Server do you use, which SP do you have installed?

Do you have a whole XI message in your mail inbox? If not change the Message Protocol to XIPayload.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

we are using an MS Exchange Server (which is enabled for POP3... polling mail with Thunderbird works) and XI is on SP09.

I changed the message protocol to XI payload. At the moment I basically want to poll a plain Mail and put it on the File Server.

But what I am wondering about is that I cannot see any activity in my Mail adapter... at the moment I would even be happy to see some kind of error message.

Thanks,

Andreas

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend that you patch your XI server. SP9 is really old.

Regards

Stefan