cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBO Remote connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to connect SBO in the remote workstations by using Windows Remote Desktop Connection(RDC). Here SBO application is not installed in the remote clients. Remote users connect directly with the server (through a static IP) using one active directory user (with proper restrictions).

Can I do the implementation in this way? What kind of problems I may face?

What speciality CytrixPresentationServer or Go-global adds?

Will Outlook Integration work properly in the remote machines?

Thanx in adv

Sibasish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sibasish Sengupta

With my experience working with Clients who had similar requirements, and after trying the different options which have also been recommended in the other replies here, my suggestion would be to use Terminal Services.

You can get a complete understanding of how it works by using the link

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755399.aspx

Users will actually be login to the terminal services server...which is a different than the server on which B1 is installed.

There are a few advantages I would like to highlight.....

Even if the connection between the users PC and the Terminal Services server drops...no data would be lost as the session would still be active on the TSS.

Mutiple users can connect to the TSS and user management and security can be handled through this.

Best wishes

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suda,

Can you please tell me that u2013 is there any performance issue using Terminal Services as compared to Go-Global or Citrix Presentation Server?

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is never a good idea to work on the server itself, not locally nor using RDP.

I strongly recommend to setup and use a Terminal Server or any other Remote Working solution, if B1 can not be installed on the client. If you can install it to the clients you can setup a connection to the database over a VPN.

If you use a SmallBusinessServer, RWW is another great solution if you don't need too many concurrent sessions.

HTH

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Franz Leu,

We have a SAP B1 Server (MS Server 2003 Standard Edition + MS SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition + with a Global-Static IP + with SAP B1 5 Professional License installed) in our Head Office.

Now, we want to use the SAP B1 from the above said server in our branch office without using any Go-global, RDC, etc. like tools. Is it possible? If possible then how?

N.B. -

Currently we are accessing the database of the said server by using MS SQL Server Management Studio form our branch office.

But whenever we are trying to set the above server (by the concerned global-static IP) as the license server an error is coming as follows -

"Failed to get license interface.

Check if License Server is started"

In the Head office the SAP B1 is working perfectly.

-

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

IMHO, a way to go would be to connect the branch office to the head office by establishing a VPN tunnel. The B1 server would then be seen as it was local to the branch and it should be possible to connect to the SQL server the usual way. This should as well solve your problems with licensing service.

At the Head office you can terminate the VPN at the server, or depending on the gear you have, even at the router. At the branch office, if you have a LAN, use a router that can establish/terminate a VPN.

Remark: I did NOT test such a setup, yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When U connect via Windows Remote desktop connection, If that person shutdown the system instead of log-off then ur server will be shut down and all connection will be disconnected with data lost.

And the person may trying to access some of the directory or files it may cause for data corruption. I believe u cant give authorization for a single application from ur server.

And Via Remote Desktop, the person cant able access the local printers.. and he cant copy any files to your server from local system.

better u can go for Go-Globe. the above said problem will be solved.

By

Kalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear D. Kalaiselvan,

This is for your kind information that the disadvantages you have mentioned can be solved by configuring the permission settings of the concerned Active Directory user (which is used to log in to the remote server).

Here ware the points mentioned by you (along with their solutions) ---

1. Server Shutdown -->> the Server Shutdown permission can be restricted very easily for any Active Directory User.

2. Authorization for a single application -->> this can also be restricted for any Active Directory User by Setting Group Policy.

3. Access the local printers.. and he cant copy any files to your server from local system -->> Remote Desktop Can be configured to this jobs easily.

4. Go for Go-Globe -->>

NOW PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THE GO-GLOBAL IS ADDING SOMETHING WHICH IS NOT POSSIBLE BY RDC?