Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Statement job failed for ABAP error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While Running a program using batch job it got "Cancelled" Given error in "ABAP/4 Processor : DATASET_WRITE_ERROR". But it was not happaning everytime some time it got sucessfully executed and next time it is getting fails for the same Variant. can you all please help me in this ?? Please Provide Inputs for this or probable reason ??

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out the system space where the file is going to be written.Ask a system administrator to check the space left in that folder or try writing it in different path.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz verify user has enough previlages to write the dataset.

secondly verify enough space is available

some times it may happen because corrupt blocks in OS level

Inform to basis guy also

regards

sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out the system space where the file is going to be written.Ask a system administrator to check the space left in that folder or try writing it in different path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you get intermittent DATASET_WRITE and _CLOSE shortdumps on the same user ID it can be down to your network infrastructure if you are writing files across servers.

I have seen this before and unfortunately nothing could be done by the network guys. Therefore I coded TRY..ENDTRY around any dataset commands to prevent short dumps and handle the error safely within code. Whilst it doesn't fix the cause of the problem it allows the job to terminate in a more controlled manner than short dumping.