cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of entry made thru J1IH (Additional excise)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

By Mistake, we have made wrong entry in J1IH (Additional excise) .... now we want to reversal / Cancel that entry ....

How can we do that ... need yr help

regards

Shrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for prompt reply ....

I checked ... this is creating reverse enteries of what was created thru J1IH (Additional excise option) ....but wondering if we could refer our original document ( which we want to reverse) to populate Material / Duties automatically in OTHER ADJUSTEMENT ?

Regards

Shrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the reply ....

But negative figures are not allowed in "Other Adjustment" also ...

My issue is , I have made a entry to Rs .100 as BED thru J1IH (Additional excise) , now I want to reverse these 100 Rs from my RG23C account.

Your all suggestion are welcome

Shrey

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not cancel a JV, you have to following the below process to nullify the Excise values;

6. Making Adjustment Postings for Other Transactions

Use: - You follow this procedure if you want to make an adjustment posting that does not fall into any of the other categories of adjustment offered by this function. You can only use an external document as your reference document.

Procedure: -

1. J1IH > Excise JV > Other adj.

2. Enter data as required, including:

u2022 Document number

Enter the number of the external document that you want to refer to.

u2022 CENVAT account selection group box

Specify which account is affected by the adjustment posting is for. If the posting does not have to be remitted immediately, select Fortnightly payment.

3. Click on u201CEnteru201D button.

The system displays the information from the material document.

4. Adjust the posting date as necessary and enter Vendor code as per requirement.

5. Enter the amount of excise duty in either of the following ways:

u2022 To enter line items for different materials and the excise duty accordingly, choose u201CDetailsu201D button and enter the line items in the table.

Here fill details like Material Code, Quantity as per Excise Invoice, Batch No, Reference (i.e. GRN Document), BED and Ed Cess Amount manually.

If you want system to propose the BED and Ed Cess Amount, Click on u201CGet Excise Invoiceu201D button and select the proper Excise Invoice from which the proportionate amount is to be copied.

Select the u201CExcise Invoiceu201D and click on u201CContinueu201D button.

It will copy BED and Ed Cess and SECess amount as per the quantity mentioned here. It will be proposed in proportion of selected Excise Invoice quantity and value.

u2022 To enter the excise duty only, choose u201CHeaderu201D button and enter the excise duty in the totals fields at the foot of the screen.

6. Specify which G/L accounts are to be posted to.

7. Save the adjustment posting.

System will post Excise JV Document; Accounting Document with Part2 Serial No has been successfully created.

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

1.It is not possible to cancel the additional excise posted by Excise JV J1IH.

2.Do the reversal entry by J1IH - Other adjustments to credit the registers with the same amount.