cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Sum of Selected KFs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to get the sum of two KFs into another Cal. KF but if I display just KF 1 then Cal. KF should have the value as of KF 1 and if KF 2 then jst KF 2 and if Both are bein displayed then sum of both.

Any help...!!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto your query>In columns , right click on structure>select new formula--->there select KF1 + KF2 and save it and execute .

Regards

Pcrao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad.

Sounds like you need to use the Boolean logic in your formula... have you explored that before? Refer to the BW Help if you haven't - its a bit different to usual Excel-type logic, but once you understand it, its pretty powerful. When you have had a try, let me know if you need a bit more help.

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand your problem. If you have two key figures, keyfig1 and keyfig2 and a calculated keyfigure as the sum of the two (calkeyfig = keyfig1 + keyfig2) then it would give what you want...

Imagine having the 3 keyfigure in the query like this:

keyfig1 keyfig2 calkeyfig

1 0 1

2 2 4

0 4 4

Is exactly as you wanted, when keyfig1 has values and keyfig2 don't the sum is equal to only keyfig1 and vice-versa.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diogo,

But if I filter out KF 1 then Calculated KF shouldn't condsider the values comin from KF 1.

Thanks.