Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports install problem with DLL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I try to install Crystal Reports 2008 there was an error message:

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\cr_report.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024769. Contact your support personnel.

I downloaded and ran Dependency Walker which highlighted three issues. The first was a missing MSJAVA.dll which I downlaoded and installed. There are now two remaining dependency issues:

Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

These relate to LIBOCAHELPERW-4-0.DLL and MPR.DLL.

Please can someone help as this problem seems to stop me being able to upload Crystal Reports to BOXI.

Thank you,

Julian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I followed the recommendations and still get the error:

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\cr_report.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024769. Contact your support personnel.

Not sure what to do now?

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into the same problem but with a different version of CR.

If your circumstance is the same as mine then its the Windows system that is not properly installing and registering the new DLL files from CR. You could try to manually register each and every file mentioned in the error messages but that's not fixing the original problem.

You need to register the Windows' dll file called "ATL.DLL". I type that in capital letters because it might look like different characters in lowercase when using certain fonts. This file isn't doing its job which results in all of those 1904 error messages.

Go to "c:\windows\system32". Run this command "regsvr atl.dll". Don't need to reboot. Just try installing after that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

A few things to be noted while installation of Crystal Reports

1) Make sure that you are logged in as an Administrator.

2) Any anti virus program if running should be stopped.

3) Firewalls should be disabled.

4) For a complete list of system requirements and supported platforms, see the platforms.txt file included with your product distribution. For complete installation instructions, see the installation guide (install.pdf).

5) On Windows 2000, you must install the .NET framework before you install the Report Application Server.

6) While installing, if you receive a u201CJava Update Failedu201D message, you can install the Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) manually. You can install it from Sunu2019s web site, or install the version shipped with Crystal Reports in the \win32\redist\en folder.

7) If you are using the .NET framework on Windows 2000, an embedded installation does not check to make sure that ASP.NET is configured to work with IIS. If ASP.NET is not configured properly, you cannot run VB.NET and C-Sharp.NET samples. To configure ASP.NET for IIS, run aspnet_regiis -i (located in c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\ by default).

8) The JRE is not uninstalled properly. You can install an updated JRE over your existing version. You may need to configure your Java Web Applications server to align to the new version.

9) Would suggest you to copy all the content of installation on a local drive and then start the installtion.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Regards,

Aditya Joshi